• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell chasing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell chasing

Hi folks and new to the forum here as want some advice please

I have recently been contacted by Lowell via letter saying they have bought a debt from Robinson Way (Hoist) and that I should now set up payments to them.

A couple of things I wish to ask the group/forum in that I have asked them for ‘proof’ of the debt and sent them a template letter asking them to evidence what they’re chasing. They have replied but not with said evidence but to ask for my DOB so they can deal with the query via email - should I provide them with my DOB?

It’s also worth stating that this debt is actually from at least 15 years ago and was credit card debt to the tune of 6K and back in 2015 I asked Robinson Way for the credit agreement via a CCA request to which they didn’t reply - I still have the original letter that I sent them HOWEVER I did pay RW a token payment of £10 per month and have been for 8 years since that original letter was sent to them - maybe was stupid at the time to say I’d do this as I’m now thinking that the debt won’t be statute barred as I’ve effectively acknowledged it but I was younger and more worried about consequences etc.

Maybe I need to now send Lowell the same CCA request in addition to the ‘prove it’ I have already sent them and see what they come back with - thoughts?

None of this is showing on my credit file and I have had no issues getting credit via cards or loans and even had two mortgages in the last few years so there is no issue in that regard but concerned that Lowell could make submissions on my credit file if I just decide to not pay them.

Similarly do I just comply and start paying them the same £10 per month that I paid to RW for 8 years?

Or do I offer them a settlement figure? Assume the correct answe is to do nothing until I see some kind of evidence of said debt and what information they actually hold on me?

Thanks in advance and apologies for the long post

Jon

Tags: None

Hi JONB

Welcome to LB

a) I have recently been contacted by Lowell via letter saying they have bought a debt from Robinson Way (Hoist) and that I should now set up payments to them.

Don't do that just yet, wait for them to fulfill your CCA request.

b) A couple of things I wish to ask the group/forum in that I have asked them for ‘proof’ of the debt and sent them a template letter asking them to evidence what they’re chasing. They have replied but not with said evidence but to ask for my DOB so they can deal with the query via email - should I provide them with my DOB?

It's o.k., they just want proof of your identity.

c) It’s also worth stating that this debt is actually from at least 15 years ago and was credit card debt to the tune of 6K and back in 2015 I asked Robinson Way for the credit agreement via a CCA request to which they didn’t reply - I still have the original letter that I sent them HOWEVER I did pay RW a token payment of £10 per month and have been for 8 years since that original letter was sent to them - maybe was stupid at the time to say I’d do this as I’m now thinking that the debt won’t be statute barred as I’ve effectively acknowledged it but I was younger and more worried about consequences etc.

You shouldn't of paid, they didn't fulfill your CCA request.

d) Maybe I need to now send Lowell the same CCA request in addition to the ‘prove it’ I have already sent them and see what they come back with - thoughts?

Yes, good idea.

e) None of this is showing on my credit file and I have had no issues getting credit via cards or loans and even had two mortgages in the last few years so there is no issue in that regard but concerned that Lowell could make submissions on my credit file if I just decide to not pay them.

The default has dropped off your Credit Report, if they have no CCA, which seems the case, it's very unlikely they would do that.

f) Similarly do I just comply and start paying them the same £10 per month that I paid to RW for 8 years?

As above.

g) Or do I offer them a settlement figure? Assume the correct answe is to do nothing until I see some kind of evidence of said debt and what information they actually hold on me?

Wait until they send a compliant agreement, then reassess your position.

Comment

Thanks ECHAT11 that is very helpful and appreciate you responding and answering my questions/queries.

I will await any further correspondence and see what they come back with. Will post up in here when I have anymore to add to the above but again thanks

Comment

echat11 so finally spoke to someone at Lowell’s this week and they have acknowledged my CCA request and have told me any further action/correspondence won’t arrive as my account is on ‘hold’ whilst they chase the original documents.

They did say earlier that the original account was opened in 1999 so it is an extremely old one but call operator said ‘don’t worry we’ll find it’ which I thought was a touch arrogant and I’m almost certain it won’t be that easy as Robinson Way never responded to me when I requested the same from them.

Guess it’s now time to sit back and await further correspondence from them now.

Comment

they may try but that late well we shall see., phone jockeys yuk!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X