• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Compounded debt (from thin air) in 6 yrs: Sixt> eCollect AG > Themys & Dyke GbR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

Here for any legal action against Sixt/ eCollect/ Themys - please contact me

I received notice from Sixt to pay a processing fee for a traffic violation I allegedly received whilst using their car in Italy in 2020. After I enquired, Sixt said the processing fee was charged because they had to send my information to the Italian Authorities. I asked for evidence of the violation that they surely received, and they would not send it. So I refused to pay the processing fee. It didn't make sense for me to pay for a service I did not request and have no evidence of receiving.

Fast forward - it's been 3ish years of receiving threatening emails from eCollect, and now Themys. It's a joke. The fine has ballooned to €600ish. Finding/reading this today has been great in confirming my suspicions that it's a scam and that I'd be further charged if I did pay.

Also, I was living in Italy when this happened. Same address for 2 years. Never received the traffic violation mentioned here from the Italian Authorities.

Comment

Hi all,

I had the same experience: summer 2018, Sixt office -- Fiumicino Italy, eCollect sending recurrent messages since Jan 2023. I called them (mid 2023) and they apparently had my real address, phone and email. I asked them to share details and records of my traffic fine, they told me to send them an email with the request -- however, no reply for the last 9 months.
      I haven't arrived to the third level of this game yet - but now I know that I should expect Themys soon

After reading this thread, my theory is that somebody might have hacked the Sixt system or there was some sort of a data leakage. Then perhaps someone really managed to sell this debt to eCollect or whatever got eCollect in the game (or they are really the scammers here). What do you guys think?

Anyway, like ThemyShater said, I'm also in for any legal action against Sixt or eCollect (probably I'll soon have some experience with Themys too)

Comment

I also am being hassled since February by ecollect

i found this template on ECC website

Hi

i I looked up on ECC site and the give a template to send to the debt collectors.

<name>

<address>

<postcode and place>

<place, date>

Reference: <reference on letter of company – file number>

Subject: unjustified debt collection letter

Dear Sir, Madam,

On <date>, I received a debt collection letter from <name debt collection agency> which indicates that <name dating website> is entitled to a payment amounting to € <enter the amount>from me. You aim to collect this amount representing <name dating website>. This <letter/email> serves to state my objection to this debt collection letter.

A valid contract cannot be concluded without agreement. Are you aware that misleading and aggressive commercial practices are banned under the Unfair Commercial Practices Act? The unsolicited conversion of a trial subscription into a subscription that comes with a payment obligation is considered an unfair commercial practice and is prohibited within the European Union.

In addition, this purchase contract is invalid, because <select one of the options below and use it to finish this sentence>:
        • <name trader> has not fully informed me of the terms and conditions relating to this subscription.
        • <name trader> has entered me into a second subscription to another dating website unsolicitedly and without my consent.
        • I have cancelled the subscription on time.

Burden of proof regarding the conclusion of a purchase contract

If you are of the opinion that this concerns a valid contract between me and <name dating website>, it is up to <name dating website> to prove how this agreement was concluded. If this is not possible, I ask you to declare this collection void and to send me a written confirmation of doing so within the period of 14 days after the date of this <letter/email>. I assume that you will suspend any further collection measures until this issue is cleared up.

Further steps

If I do not receive a response from you within the above period of 14 days, I will submit a complaint to the European Consumer Centre. I will also forward the complaint to the Supervisory Body, <the Netherlands Authority for Consumers and Markets (ACM) - or name the relevant consumer protection authority in your country>.

I await your response.

Yours faithfully,

<Your name and signature>

Attachment(s)
        • Optional: proof of payment
        • Optional: copy of purchase contract
        • Optional: copy of terms and conditions
        • Optional: copy of previous correspondence
        Send this letter or email putting in your own detsils

and as for their so called solicitors apparently they have the same number as the Ecollect and not registered. That’s what I’ve read here snyway

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X