• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unsure of approach with Cabot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsure of approach with Cabot

Hi Cabot have got in touch with me about a debt( personal loan) that dates back about 12 years but I had been paying up to 2 years ago on a nominal amount. I have had no contact with them regarding the debt and not replied to any letters, texts, emails. The latest 2 worry me though and was wondering if now is the time to contact them back ? The first one was sent beginning of Dec and it said unless I responded back within a month then they would get their solicitors involved and then started mention ccj. A week later another letter was sent this time by their solicitors saying about ccj again. Is now a good time to set up a payment plan with them or is there another course of action anyone would advise ?
    Tags: None

After this amount of time are you able financially able to get back to the XXXXXXXXXX and try for a settlement?

Comment

No I wish I was and could sort all this mess out. But I am in a worse position than I was a couple of years ago.

Comment

Have now had numerous voicemails and 3 letters from their solicitors. Latest stating I have 21 days to respond before they commence legal proceedings. If someone could advise what to do. Shall I approach with a payment plan ?

Comment

A possible recourse for you is to reply and state that, as time has gone on you are now in a worse situation now, and that was the reason for ceasing present, and future payments, and that you can see no prospects in the future of improving, you may wish to send proof of your situation to establish that fact is true, they may possibly write off the debt, as there is not much point taking you to Court for the peppercorn amount that the Court will grant them, but truthfully if you have nothing it is worth a possible attempt.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X