• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sued by collection agency

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sued by collection agency

I live in the state of PA and I was sued by a Midland Credit (VS store card) in August of 2021. I have been out of work and the judgement was place against me. I received a letter in the mail I have to go to go a deposition for available assets which I do not own anything. I will be starting a job at the end of August. What happens after the deposition? Can I be sued again? If we agree to a payment plan how would that work? If I miss a payment how does that work? I am finding a lot of conflicting information. Found you can't be jailed for civil debt. Also found they can file a motion for contempt of court for not paying the judgement payment. Any insight would be helpful. Keep in mind the debt is about $1,441 including the judgement and the fees.
    Tags: None

This is a UK. Site afraid

Comment

There is a similar procedure in the UK. The purpose is to identify any bank accounts, property or other assets of the judgement debtor against which the judgement creditor can take enforcement action.

Things may of course be different in your state.
      Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now in academia. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X