• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

dsluk Dept recovery harrasment phone door step calls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dsluk Dept recovery harrasment phone door step calls

If possible im looking for advice please

Company is known as dsluk they are known to claim back dept for vets for none payment of arrears, it all started when we fell in to dept with our local vet of £50 for reasons of my own at the time i was going through a trust deed and forgot to add the vet in to the dept so 1 year later up pops this company with a nice letter/phonecall to say my dept had been moved over to them Now most dept comanys thats all you hear, the claime back the ammount owed and thats that, i have no obligation paying the original figure agreed,

But this comany has now added dept and has progressively harrassed my phone and demanded payment of the dept plus there additional fees per letter sent, Going forword the dept is now in the hundreds of £ and the company is attempting to do house visits threatinging legal action,

i am fully under the impression they are trying to extort for extra money even though the comanys aware theres a trust deed envolved,

They are now also trying to do house visits and deliver letters at the charge of £72 per visit this surly cant be legal,

they are now threatning to take the dept to court adding an additional £175

Tags: None

This web site may help you in dealing with those people. https://www.money.co.uk/guides/how-t...ebt-collectors

Comment

Hi thanks for your quick response iv had a read through this but its not clear on some areas in my circumstances im in a protected trust deed from what i gather the original fee was a document signed but no details regaring being passed to 3rd parties, i am looknig to find out what this comapany is doing is illigal,

My question is

a, The fees being added on are they legal per every 2 weeks letter
      b, The door visit they applied a £72 pound fee for is this legal?
      c, The letter that states while the officer was at your property he carried out a pre littigation survey, the person chapped the door and stood for 30 seconds put a letter through the door and walked away, All on camera,

Iv read some of the reviewes about this company and the methods they use to extort money out of people who allready dont have money is really bad,

i have no issues paying the vet the original fee but given these people are out to extort more money out of me i was wondering legaly is this allowed? to go to a claimes court while the person being claimed against is activly in a trust deed?

They have told me it is and the dept still stands due to the below resoning

Your Trust Deed was granted in 2019 prior to the treatment in February 2021

The account is in Mr ************ and therefore the balance remains payable

Please any advise would be greatfull as i say im not looking to avoid paying the original bill just not willing to pay there extoted fees

Comment

You did not pay the original bill, which is why action was taken for recovery of the debt. I feel sure that you must have been written to requesting settlement which was ignored. When such action is taken, then you must expect to pay additional charges for the work entailed in trying to obtain payment of the Vet's bill. I suggest you try and make payment or this could be a legal action against you in court. Take advice from a solicitor if you feel this is unjust.

Comment

Hi just want to say thanks for your advice i have approched the company and given them an offer and they have also offerd to knock of 1 of the admin chargers of £40 better than it going to court and getting all the fees added on, they came to an agreement of a acceptable payment plan moral of the storey is dont ignore the dept it just gets larger and larger till it gets to the ligality side of things then your forced to pay it,

im guessing my whole question in the way the dept was passed over to the collection agency was it ligit? i mean we dident sign any credit agreement or go through any credit check while i was in a protected trust deed and also they dident do any pre-checks on my self before accepting a payment offer i thought that came under fair lending agreement? but it wasent a loan it was a bill for work, i thought the vet would need to take me to court directly for that? i wasent aware the £50 could be sold on to a collection agency,

Comment

A good ending to have made agreement to settle. Don't dwell on the whys and wherefores of how debts are collected. A debt is a debt and if not paid it will cost more for recovery. Well done.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X