• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ etter from Debt Collection agency

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ etter from Debt Collection agency

I out of the blue received a letter last month from "overdales" about a CCJ, I've literally never heard of this before. I responded by email asking for more information and they replied asking for my details. I replied I won't give any of my details because I don't know what this is about and to explain to me what the letter is referring to as this could be a scam for all I know.

They then sent me this 2nd letter attached with more information. Apparently it's a three bill I owed. I know nothing about this and don't recall having a Three anything. I've not at any point received a CCJ notification either so they didn't send it to the correct address if indeed there is one at all. I emailed them again telling them to leave me alone because I nothing of any of this.

I however am concerned about this and don't know what to do about it. I don't want to give any information to them or entertain their letters but I need to know if this is real. How do I find out if I actually have this CCJ and which court? I've read I can have it set aside if I didn't receive notice of it when or before filed?

Last time I was subscribed to and checked my credit score with Experian was in early 2020 and after have only checked the free version which doesn't give details but last time I checked it did state that there has been no change to my score. If I had a CCJ surely it would be worse?

Tags: None

Attached below
    Attached Files

Comment

Ive had exactly the same letter so checked my file and it is actually on my file. The first I heard about this was from this same letter. Different creditors obviosly so I'll be following this post with interest.. The address on my ccj is not my address so I'm wondering if this could be a mistake

Comment

Thanks WHATTHE! I've checked again and my score is still the same as it was since I first checked it in early 2020 and they say the CCJ is from late 2020. I'll check it also with the other 2 credit ref agencies see I find anything.

The letter has to have gone to a different address because I didn't receive it or anything ever regarding this and don't recall any Three bills I'm with a different network provider. I've had another one but it wasn't Three and I didn't leave in arrears.
        ​​​​
        Did u have any luck finding out which court yours is with or how to have it set aside? I've read something about it online but can't seem to find more info on that.

Comment

I haven't, I'm currently on hold to the courts now to try and get all the details about this. I'll be looking to get this set aside as this is the first I've heard about it.
          Edit. The lady on the call was helpful and confirmed to me that the address the forms were sent to were in fact an old address. She emailed me a N244 which I have filled in and returned. Will see if this now gets set aside.
          Last edited by Whatthe!; 7th April 2022, 10:08:AM.

Comment

Thanks WHATTHE! How did you find out which court to contact? Do you know if there is a specific one just for CCJs or would I need to contact the credit agency again?

Thanks for mentioning the form N244 I'll look it up I might need it too..

Comment

Contact the County Court Money Claims Centre. I called the enquiries line and used the claim number on the letter from Overdales.
              https://www.find-court-tribunal.serv...s-centre-ccmcc

Comment

Originally posted by Pacific View Post
                Thanks WHATTHE! How did you find out which court to contact? Do you know if there is a specific one just for CCJs or would I need to contact the credit agency again?

Thanks for mentioning the form N244 I'll look it up I might need it too..
                I went to court and fought this, Recieved a notice of discontinuance from overdales this morning. Did you have any luck?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X