• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Debt Collection message

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the contract is open to interpretation. It states both sides need to agree on completion within reason. I believe building regulation sign off to be a reasonable along with finishing any items that are not classed as snags.

They seem determined to claim monies for works they know was not carried out by them so I can't see how court is not avoided in this instance.
    Last edited by Blooper; 26th January 2022, 23:00:PM.

Comment

If they are going to court all you can do is dispute the debt.

As the works were the subject of a JCT contract, I'm surprised they aren't choosing mediation or adjudication

Comment

Hi All,

I received a claim letter from DCB legal saying they are pursuing a debt for penalty charge dated back 2018 on behalf of UKPC , the only thing here is I’ve been given this ticket maliciously on behalf of UK PC While parking in my resident bay where I’ve been parking for past four years on this occasion a parking attendant was unable to see the parking permit hence I’ve been given a ticket . I did not pay this ticket because I believe it’s been given wrongly. Just to avoid the further threats from the CP legal I made a payment of £40 and agreed to make a payment for further £60 which is equals £100 original penalty fine . however I have refused to pay £60 as the as the letter was suggesting the debt is £160 because I read that there is a unanimous decision regarding this matter by the judges all over country. Court consider this £60 charge by legal companies as an abuse of process. However, I have informed them that I will only be paying them £100 per the original penalty fine and not extra £60 added on top. I also added in my email to the admin staff of DCB legal that if they want extra £60 payment on top of penalty charge , they will have to seek legal action against me by taking me to court. I felt harassed and pressurised in being making this payment I still believe UKPC which was working on behalf of management company have maliciously pursued this charge against me while giving me a parking fine in my own resident bay. Any advise will be much appreciated.

Comment

@Dan82 please do not make multiple postings of same item and do not hijack other people's threads.

Comment

Received a response from the builders solicitor on Monday. My points disputing a number of line items of the monies being claimed have been ignored and the builder has decided to charge more for one of the line items now.

I have been invited to make an offer to settle. The outstanding work is going to cost me more to resolve. I am basically being asked to pay someone off to make them go away even though they are lying and refusing to acknowledge my evidence showing this.
            Last edited by Blooper; 25th February 2022, 13:20:PM.

Comment

If you are going to have to pay another firm to correct the substandard works your options widen.
              You could (depending on the sums involved) consider not only disputing their claim, but issuing a counter claim for the extra costs

So perhaps instead of making an offer tell them you are thinking about a counter claim

Comment

Since my last post. I did not accept their request to pay them any sums of money. I informed them I am considering a counter claim.

I haven't heard anything since.
                Last edited by Blooper; 23rd May 2022, 12:38:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X