• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lantern sending mail to my neighbour

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lantern sending mail to my neighbour

Lantern Issues (ex Motormille)

Hi and good morning! I have just registered with this forum and hope someone can help please.
    My next-door neighbor keeps receiving letters addressed to me but with the wrong address. One is for a statute barred debt (2012) and the second one is a quick quid debt for £400. (he does open them)
    I notified Lantern via email (I would never phone) that their letters are going to my neighbor. (He is annoyed) and they confirmed they have amended. Yet, two weeks later he received yet another letter, addressed to me.
    I have also contacted the Financial Ombudsman as they have entered incorrect information on my credit report. They have duplicated the “Quick Quid” debt, so it is showing two amounts. Again, I have asked them to amend, and they say they will.
    I have recently had surgery and I am on quite a lot of medication. I am working from home, but this situation is making me feel so anxious. I also have hypertension 2.
    So please can someone advise regarding the statue barred debt (sending a letter) and why they are ignoring amending my address. It is embarrassing as you don’t particularly want your neighbor to know your financial issues.
    Tags: None

Hi Hertslass

a) Regarding the wrong address / letters, email Lantern the following template (if they fail to correct and your neighbour receives more letters, make a formal complaint to the ICO) -

https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters...ata-corrected/

b) Providing you haven't made any payments or acknowledged the debt in writing over the last 6 years, then the debt is statute barred. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...ed-debt-letter

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
      Hi Hertslass

a) Regarding the wrong address / letters, email Lantern the following template (if they fail to correct and your neighbour receives more letters, make a formal complaint to the ICO) -

https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters...ata-corrected/

b) Providing you haven't made any payments or acknowledged the debt in writing over the last 6 years, then the debt is statute barred. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...ed-debt-letter
      Many thanks!

Comment

Let us know how you get on and don't get stressed too much about stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
          Let us know how you get on and don't get stressed too much about stuff.
          Good morning echat11 I have started the ICO process. I have sent a letter to Lantern. Tomorrow I will send via proof of delivery the statute barred debt. I just have one more question please. It is whether my neighbour has the right to open mail addressed to me, although it has been sent to his address. There has been three occasions this has happened. The first one, the postman delivered a letter for me to my neighbour. He opened it and apologized. It had my name on it and the correct address. The last two are pertaining to Lantern. He opened both the letters. It is more a case of I find it embarrasing to share finances with a neighbour.

Comment

Originally posted by Hertslass View Post

Good morning echat11 I have started the ICO process. I have sent a letter to Lantern. Tomorrow I will send via proof of delivery the statute barred debt. I just have one more question please. It is whether my neighbour has the right to open mail addressed to me, although it has been sent to his address. There has been three occasions this has happened. The first one, the postman delivered a letter for me to my neighbour. He opened it and apologized. It had my name on it and the correct address. The last two are pertaining to Lantern. He opened both the letters. It is more a case of I find it embarrasing to share finances with a neighbour.
            He shouldn't be opening them, simply because they aren't addressed to him. They have your name on them.

He could post them through your letter box or hand them back to the Postman or he could cross out the errors and add corrections and re-post them.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X