• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lowell

Hi, i have been paying these people since 2015, i didnt realise that these help forums existed! i am retired on state pension and a small private pension. They bombarded me with letters, phone and email, so i rang them and arranged a payment plan, my £25 a month was ok, but now i struggle, so i cancelled the dd and set up a standing order for £2.00, now i get emails and letters telling me i need to pay them the £23 that is short. Ihad to change my home and mobile number as it was getting to stressful. Is there anything i can do to stop paying them?
    Thanks for any advice.
    Tags: None

Better start with real detail who originator. Credit card? Etc. Took out. Balance. Default date home owner ??

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
      Better start with real detail who originator. Credit card? Etc. Took out. Balance. Default date home owner ??
      Hi, i rent this house, have done since 2008, the credit card was our friends, vanquis took out 2009, no paper work now as had a fire in the outhouse where all papers etc were stored, about 6 years ago, they say i owe £2738 still. I cannot remember having a default notice, and there is nothing on my credit file about this.

Comment

Subject Access Request Letter (no charge) to Vanquis, they have 30 days to respond (get proof of posting)., ., you say your friend took it out? in your name?? post 2007 no doubt on line with just a x/tick., send a CCA request to lowells with a £1.00 postal order get proof of posting and keep copies of all correspondence on file date order., any credit file entry (default) would fall off after 6 years eng/wales or 5 years scotland. should give more insight to whether liable or not!?

more history of this friend you say?
        Last edited by MIKE770; 5th September 2021, 08:20:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
          Subject Access Request Letter (no charge) to Vanquis, they have 30 days to respond (get proof of posting)., ., you say your friend took it out? in your name?? post 2007 no doubt on line with just a x/tick., send a CCA request to lowells with a £1.00 postal order get proof of posting and keep copies of all correspondence on file date order., any credit file entry (default) would fall off after 6 years eng/wales or 5 years scotland. should give more insight to whether liable or not!?
          more history of this friend you say?
          Sorry wrong wording. It was me who took it out, i said "our friends" as they, vanquis are not anyones friends! i will send the S A R letter tomorrow and a CCA to lowells. Thanks for reply and info

Comment

I have received the S A R reply today from Vanquis, it states default letter dated 11/08/2014, and account transferred to various dra until sold to lowell 01/07/2015. I have been paying lowell since then, i am now severely disabled and only on state pension and a small private pension. I cancelled dd and set up a standing order for£2 but they keep emailing and sending letters wanting the balance of original amount. I am still waiting for CCA from lowell, should i cancel s o until i receive this? thanks for your help so far, i read all the daily posts on the forum and see all your advise.

Comment

up to you no CCA means no CCj, many say stop paying as then statute barred will start if they never able to get CCA vanquis sometimes they have difficulty getting one? if me noo cca bo pay as no proof they entitled.

Comment

As a alternative, something to consider, you need to amend the template to reflect your circumstances, ask them to write the debt off.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/de...debt---letter/

Comment

Thanks all for the help, i will cancel s o until, if ever, the CCA comes. Thanks for the link ECHAT 11, i will wait a few weeks to see what happens, then send that letter

Comment

Hi all,
                    got a letter from link today how do i upload a copy for you to peruse please

Comment

Originally posted by jggiant View Post
                      Hi all,
                      got a letter from link today how do i upload a copy for you to peruse please
                      Remove all personal details (make a copy first), then follow the instructions below -

https://www.wikihow.com/Upload-Images-to-Imgur

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post

Remove all personal details (make a copy first), then follow the instructions below -

https://www.wikihow.com/Upload-Images-to-Imgur

Thanks echat11

Comment

think i got it?
                          i hope lol
                          Attached Files

Comment

It's a Default Notice (incomplete we only have half of it uploaded), nevertheless if they Default you, that will be the second Default on the account (can only have one on the account), the first one on 11/08/2014 by Vanquis.

So they have they provided a copy of the CCA agreement?

Comment

The other page just says if you are having difficulty etc etc and a squiggle sig, no CCA as yet

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X