• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Capquest email, wants me access their portal with my personal details.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capquest email, wants me access their portal with my personal details.

Hi guys

I've just received the below email from Capquest and wondering if this was usual procedure for them? I don't plan on entering any details but do they do this in order to 'trick' people to supply more data than they have? Or is this actually access to a portal with debts you supposedly owe? Would would likely happen if I did enter all my details?

I plan on sending a prove it anyway.

I couldn't find any similar posts when googling the email contents.

They did include my surname, no idea how they got my email.

Thank you

Dear Mr XYZ.

You have a new document available on your Capquest account 111.

Please click the below link to login to view your document

Click here

If you have any questions, please contact us on 111 quoting 111.

We may have already been in touch with you by phone or letter, if you are not happy being contacted through email in the future or if you are not the person quoted in this email, please let us know.

Yours sincerely

The Capquest Team

Last edited by Giantsloth; 27th July 2021, 21:25:PM.
    Tags: None

I would say that they are trying to see if they have found a person during a trace

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      I would say that they are trying to see if they have found a person during a trace
      Thank you, it seems so as it's very specific. I'm going to send a Prove it anyway next week as I'm intrigued. They've sent a text and an email but no letter, so perhaps they're trying to get that address out of me, which they'll have soon enough!
      Last edited by Giantsloth; 27th July 2021, 21:23:PM.

Comment

a phishing e-mail, probably sent to dozens of the same name. ignore see what if anything next? contact them and the calls etc will be bombarded on you! why send a prove it letter? do you know what it is about? and you are a person, they not mention anything owed????

Comment

O/T

I recently had a DCA text my mobile, using a name I assumed was made up. They wanted that person to contact them, I think they were using that tactic to engage with me. I used the fact that they are in breach of Data Protection Rules by sending me somebody else's details and they should remove my number from their database, which they did pretty quickly, day of request.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
            a phishing e-mail, probably sent to dozens of the same name. ignore see what if anything next? contact them and the calls etc will be bombarded on you! why send a prove it letter? do you know what it is about? and you are a person, they not mention anything owed????
            My name is very unique and they have both first and last. I got in some debt around 7 years back, all cleared now so I suspect it is something they purchased from a company.

I would just leave it but don't want them to send anything through to an old address I can't defend!

But yes odd they don't mention anything about 'debt' or 'owed'. There's no recent searches on my credit files from them either with past addresses.

Comment

they would not mention subject matter, just if you are the person they want to speak to., Phishing we call it = in a lot of cases they will send to all named persons with the same name etc hopeful that one they want will respond,,,,, if that unique name etc then maybe do a witheld number call to them and find out as it seems you state something in the past was 7 years ago and if not paid up and no acknowledgement within 6 years england/wales or 5 years scotland the statute barred would come into effect.,, but of course you do not want postings to old address, the situation you have to make contacting them etc:- can if you do give address only if they can give real subject matter which you recognise, really up to you??

Comment

they would not mention subject matter, just if you are the person they want to speak to., Phishing we call it = in a lot of cases they will send to all named persons with the same name etc hopeful that one they want will respond,,,,, if that unique name etc then maybe do a witheld number call to them and find out as it seems you state something in the past was 7 years ago and if not paid up and no acknowledgement within 6 years england/wales or 5 years scotland the statute barred would come into effect.,, but of course you do not want postings to old address, the situation you have to make contacting them etc:- can if you do give address only if they can give real subject matter which you recognise, really up to you??
                Cheers Mike, very helpful.

I think I'm going to do a 'prove it letter' which will allow me to update my address plus gain a bit more info. I think i'd feel a bit better keeping them where I can see them, despite not wanting to have any contact. Worst case, if it does turn out there's something I owe (nothing on reports) and it's legit, I can pay it off. Of course I'd ask here first to make sure all is well.

So for now I think a prove it letter would be helpful.

With a prove it letter am I OK using my full name?

I'm just awaiting my Equifax login code and I can check my data, the other 2 CRA are clear so Experian is the last left, Once done I'll send letters.
                Last edited by Giantsloth; 28th July 2021, 12:12:PM.

Comment

Credit report: How to check your credit score for free – MSE

14 Jun 2021 — TransUnion. TransUnion is the UK's newest credit reference agency, though it tends to not be as widely used as the two agencies above. Here's ...

Comment

Credit report: How to check your credit score for free – MSE

14 Jun 2021 — TransUnion. TransUnion is the UK's newest credit reference agency, though it tends to not be as widely used as the two agencies above. Here's ...
                    Thanks Mike, I have a credit karma/Noddle account which I assumed was TransUnion. Not showing any searched from them all I need now is Experian which should be this week!

Comment

Update: Incase others have the same issue with Capquest, like someone mentioned above it seems this is wide spread. I just checked Capquest reviews online and a lot of people had the same email on the same date as I received mine.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.capquest.co.uk

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X