• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell refusing to default 2 yr old debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell refusing to default 2 yr old debt

Hi Everyone,

Hoping i might find some help here. Lowell bought two of my debts from Creation Finance back in march 2020 ( 1 x unsecured personal loan (£13,000) & 1 x Credit card (£3500)), I first fell in to arrears on both debts back in October 2019 whilst the debt was still with Creation, In Nov 19 I started a DMP through Stepchange and have made regular payments since, no Default was registered on either debt by Creation before the debts were sold to Lowell.

Since Lowell purchased the debts they have been placing missed payment markers for both accounts on my credit file, they state despite receiving payments through my DMP, these are not for the contractual amounts and therefore will be marked as missed payments and that this will not change until I start making full payments again. The missed payment markers are continually hammering my credit score and giving little to no hope of any improvement going forward.

My total debt on the DMP is £35,000, most of which was through a gambling addiction / self distruction that i went through whilst trying to cope with the final stages of a loved ones terminal ilness, all of my other creditors registered defaults on my accounts within a few months of arrears, apart from Creation. I've complained to Lowell that i feel that there has been an excessive delay to both of these accounts being placed in default, that these defaults should have happened at the very latest 6 months after i fell in to arrears, Lowell are stating that it is at their discretion to default the accounts and that they do not see any reason to do so at this time.

I've kept up with Payments on my DMP since it started, i have not had any late or missed payments anywhere since the commencement of the DMP, but my credit score keeps reducing due to the missed payment markers added by Lowell. The defaults from the other creditors will be two years old later this year, i should be seeing some light at the end of a very dark tunnel, but it just seems to be getting darker.

Can anyone give me some advise as Stepchange don't seem that bothered.
    Tags: None

hang on was originator owner have a default and issued to you>> only one needed but new owner (say lowells if purchased it) can amend name only (add their instead of originator)

Comment

Original creditor did not issue any default notice against either of the debts despite me being in arrears for 6 months before the debt was sold on to Lowell in March 2020, no notice of default has been issued by Lowell either since they bought the debt. I've complained to Lowell that both of the debts should have reached the default stage by now as normal practice is 3 months in arrears and then notice of default and for no default to have been issued by month 21 is unduly excessive. they just keep telling me to make my DMP payments and that my credit file will continue to be marked with missed payments until i start making the original full amount of the contractual payments as per the original credit agreement.

i can't help but think something is very wrong here and they are holding off the default and using the damaging tactics on my credit file in order to force me to make payments i just can't make1

Comment

try not to speak to loweels unless advised. you are giving them ammunition to correct their mistakes.

have you SARd the originator to see all details held by them on you? it would show a default date if they sent you one?? no charge for SAR to originator (do not alert lowells)

​​​​​​ ubject Access Request Letter send with prrof of posting its free and keep copies of everything in date order they have 30 days to respond.

Comment

ICO have asked me to raise a complaint with Lowell before they can do anything, I've logged the complaint Lowell with them and they are going to look in to it. Also spoke with FCA who are confused as to why notice of default wasn't issued as per usual practice by the original creditor once the account had passed 4 months of arrears.

I've just requested SAR from the original creditor.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X