• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Full and final settlement negotiation letter?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full and final settlement negotiation letter?

Hi Everyone

Can anyone advise on the following please?

My friend is trying to negotiate a f&f settlement to clear a balance and also a restriction on her deeds.

Her ex hubby used her card and ran up a balance then hid all the statements etc.

The creditor took her to court and managed to secure a restriction (at that time her ex's name was still on mortgage and deeds).

The balance is around £3k and last May she received an offer letter to clear it for £1,500 but was not in a position to do so. She called them just before xmas 2020 as she has received another letter asking if she could settle a discounted balance. She called them and they said that she had to make an offer so she offered the £1,500 and they would not accept it at this point.

She is now in a position to negotiate again - so should she send them a letter? I have looked for the sample letter but cannot seem to locate it on here.

She did call them a couple of weeks ago (the agent not the OC) and they said they would be looking at the full amount and would not be prepared to negotiate.

I believe this hasn't helped - she is in the process of remortgaging and the mortgage brokers have failed to advise the solicitors that it was not her intention to clear off the restriction - so the solicitor has actually applied to the OC for a redemption figure - which the agent stated when my friend called to try and negotiate.

Any advice please?

Thanks
    Tags: None

By restriction I assume you have a charge on your property registered with the Land Registery?

Comment

Hi...not myself, as explained above....but yes my friend does.

Comment

If I were the creditor I wouldn't negotiate either I would say it's to late for that, I'd just sit it out until the property is sold.

Comment

Originally posted by EnglandPi View Post
          If I were the creditor I wouldn't negotiate either I would say it's to late for that, I'd just sit it out until the property is sold.
          Thanks for your reply, albeit somewhat unhelpful, but thanks.

Can anyone else offer any actual advice please?

Thanks

Comment

Sorry I don’t do tea and sympathy; I just state the facts.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X