• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice about whether CCA is correct

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice about whether CCA is correct

Hi, I think I posted on the wrong thread before, so I've put it on here. Hope someone can help and advise. Thanks.

Hi. I've had replies from all the agencies now and they've all come back as unenforceable at the moment except for one. How do I know if what they've sent is correct? I've received 2 letters from PRA today about the same debt. The first said "Please find enclosed documentation received to date, we are awaiting further documents in order to complete your request. We have currently deemed this debt unenforceable which means we are not able to take court or further enforcement action against you to recover the outstanding balance." They have sent lots of small print terms and conditions and has my name and address on, but no date. Also says Bank of Scotland, but the credit card was Halifax, but presumably that's because they're part of the same group.

The second letter received from them today states "We have enclosed copy documents as requested. Please contact our office within 10 days of receipt of this letter where an agent will be able to assist you. Our fully trained agents will discuss your account further with you and help you come to a mutually acceptable agreement in order to settle your outstanding balance." This letter contained a few pages of credit card statements starting from 09/11/2009 (when the balance was £12,942) so not from the beginning. The statements have my name and address on, but doesn't state which bank they refer to.

Do you think this is all correct? Thanks everyone.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X