• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Intrum Debt Collection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intrum Debt Collection

Hi I need some advice.

I have a loan and an overdraft which I defaulted on around 5 years ago due to personal circumstances, in total they come to £8,385.00.

I haven’t made payment or contact with anyone regarding the debt and my credit report states the default date is September 2015.

I have now received a letter from Intrum offering a 80% write off my balance asking me to pay £1,677.17 this month and my credit report would be updated to ‘partially satisfied’.

I wish I had the money to clear this debt but I do not due to not working because of mental health issues.

If the 6 years is up next year, does this mean the debt will be off my credit report anyway or not? If not, what do I do?
    Tags: None

See what they send next ignore for now they hope you make contact intrim licence suspect??? If I remember correctly

Comment

Does it mean they can still issue a CCJ before the 6 years is up and that would remain on my file for another 6 years.

Comment

Correct.

Comment

So what do I do then?

Comment

See item 2 above

Comment

Ignore them for how long? Will they be likely to issue the CCJ nearer to the 6 years which will be next year?

Comment

If you contact them then you are running the risk of resetting the SB Clock. Best to let them do all the running. Even if you weree to satisfy what they want there is nothing stopping them then trying to obtain the rest from you.

Comment

So leave it until next year sometime to see if they keep getting in touch? I just dont want a CCJ.

Comment

It is a bit of a double edged sword. You know you owe the money but don't want to or cannot afford to pay. If you ignore communications from them it puts them in the position of what to do next, even though they have written to you is there any proof you actually received it. If you acknowledge anything then that resets the 6 year clock and leaves you at risk of further action. The one letter you must not ignore is anything that comes from HMCTS & the only definite way to avoid a CCJ is to pay up in full.

Comment

They are offering me to settle in the letter at a 80% reduction. I still dont have the figure of £1,600 but also I dont want to enter into communication with them.
                      How likely is it that after 5 years they will obtain a CCJ?

Comment

I'm not going to say they will or they won't as that is up to them and depends on how sure they have you on the hook. They could - if they think they are getting nowhere is to sell it on & it all starts again. This is also quite likely to happen if you agree & make a part payment so someone else gets a bite of the cherry. Personally I would sit tight.

Comment

Okay I will thanks. The default date is June 2015. I thought the 6 year statue barred was from the date of last payment not the date of default.

Comment

Hi LITTLELF, was this matter ever resolved? I'm interested to see if you ever received a CCJ or if your debt did indeed become statute barred?

Going against some of the advice above, I would never recommend just ignoring a debt collector. This can make matters much worse down the line. There are ways for you to communicate with a debt collector without claiming responsibility for the debt such as asking for proof, denying that the debt belongs to you and other guidance you can find for free online.

Let me know what your result was as this is an interesting case for others to use as an example
                            If you are being chased by Intrum Debt Collectors then by UK Law you may not have to pay them. Here are some quick and easy tips to avoid repaying your debt.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinDurant View Post
                              Hi LITTLELF, was this matter ever resolved? I'm interested to see if you ever received a CCJ or if your debt did indeed become statute barred?

Going against some of the advice above, I would never recommend just ignoring a debt collector. This can make matters much worse down the line. There are ways for you to communicate with a debt collector without claiming responsibility for the debt such as asking for proof, denying that the debt belongs to you and other guidance you can find for free online.

Let me know what your result was as this is an interesting case for others to use as an example
                              Hi Colin

I had oddly been dealing with Intrum UK Finance Limited and Intrum UK Limited - same clowns in different outfits.

I eventually after two years of correspondence with them received a letter with the words "Having performed a review of your account we have decided not to proceed with litigation...", all bullshit really.

I have added a recent post regarding another DCA. In this, you can see my method of MO: https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...ng-enforcement

Let me know your feedback, and/or anyone you might know who might be able to assist, thank you.

Stuart

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X