• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot/ Ruthbridge chasing 10+ Year old debt!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot/ Ruthbridge chasing 10+ Year old debt!!

Hi,
    Apologies if this is not the correct place to post this , I have just received a letter through the post after many years at my new address from cabot (original lender Capital one) saying they have been unable to come to an agreement with me ( first im hearing this for a long time) and they have passed it on to ruthbridge limited and have included a letter from them asking me to call them the "outstanding amount is for £2301.79" they want me to telephone them to avoid any further action. it goes on to say that this debt will remain outstanding if ignores and we urge you to work with us to get the matter resolved as quickly as possible.
    as far as i know there was a capital one debt in 2007 i was unable to resolve because of a serious illness among other things.and Cabot must have taken this over . interestingly i had saved some of my CRA files and manged to find a cabot/ debt for a the said amount and on it the default date is given as early 2009 ( i know i couldn't pay after 2007- definitely no payment or acknowledgement ) i have got free copies of all my credit reports today and they are all clear , these days i have only my bank account and no credit cards am i correct in thinking the time limitations have passed on this?( or is there any other way this might not be so?) , if so what would you knowledgeable people advise me on the course of action , i have tried to read some threads here since i got this letter but would really appreciate some well directed advice please.
    further i guess i got this letter i guess because i moved , i stayed at my previous place for 5 years an never got a single letter so its very odd .

Thank you in advance
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X