• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot and resolvecall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now after me pointing out uts statue barred and them writing to say they would close the account, I have had one visit from resolvecall and two letters asking to call them to arrange payment. Am getting fed up with this and their blatant disregard for the rules, along with their made up payment. What action can I take against them?

Comment

Originally posted by roygoodbeat View Post
      Hi. Just had a letter from Cabot acknowledging my letter. They have stated that the last payment was Oct 2014 (which I never paid so made up by them) they said it is therefore not statue barred. However they have also said that they would close the account as it is close to becoming staue barred and have said they will cease any of their normal debt collection activities. Anyone heard of this before or are they finally giving up?

That is interesting, 2014 is when they sold a few of their sister companies to themselves, they have a history of doing this and soon enough Cabot will change its name also for legal exploitation reasons. They deliberately created multiple ghost companies, payments and various variations of accounting. I actually spoke about this in court recently where they made up payments in 2014 for a 2007 student overdraft and brought a case in 2020 saying it is not statute barred. I pointed out to the judge from the CPR information it is clear they are very artistic in their accounting as they have multiple different dates in two different statements of payments made in various correspondence but it does not reduce any amount owed. The dates mattered as according to them it is borderline statute barred and according to me it is clearly statute barred from my known payments ~10years ago similar to yourself. Their inhouse solicitor was embarrassed enough to appoint an advocate whom appeared very embarrassed 'when the penny dropped' but then wanted to make a point about putting in a receipt of costs for his time which the judge batted away. It was very clear, the supposed sums of payments did not reduce the amount owed as they were ghost payments. Was this the same with yours? I will be sharing and publishing the Cabot accounts on this forum after the case concludes at full hearing to help others. Can you do the same?

Unfortunately a lot of people are busy with too much time on their hands, looking at how to exploit people during the pandemic. There will be a lot of cases going to court after the pandemic and using every excuse possible to make money as it is their choice of livelihood with abuse of court. Cabot have a history of doing stuff like this to cause confusion and exploit people. They will without a doubt continue action, best not to correspond directly at all until they bring a court case, do not feed them. ----Although do make SAR requests and such, and complain to the SRA and ICO and so on. The more time and money they spend on stuff like that, the more it slows them chasing you, as it will cost them time and money. Threatening and money is what makes a company like Cabot Financial Inc, function.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X