• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advantis and Thamse water, not lived there for 8 years.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advantis and Thamse water, not lived there for 8 years.

I got a letter a few weeks ago from Advantis, asking if was the same person listed on the address they had in the letter. i was, but haven't lived there for 8 years. I ignored it.
    Today i got a letter telling me i owe Thames Water almost £1000 for billing date 01/04/218. I moved out Aug 2011. This is a Peabody flat, and i moved to another one.

In fact the flat wasnt even in my name, although im pretty sure i paid the water bills from my account. Guess thats where they got my name.

I aware of who Advantis are, and realise its probably not a scam, but a mistake, but its rather worrying. My credit score as of today is 977 on Experian so i dont think ive got anything on my record about this.

Thanks for any advice.

Dave.
    Last edited by davebass5; 7th December 2019, 14:17:PM.
    Tags: None

Replying to my own post. I got a second letter today, from another company, for the exact same amount, owed to Thames Water again.*This time it was for 2017 - Sept this year. This must be a glitch but a pain to have to sort out as ive never felt with this sort of thing before.*

Comment

Talk to the organ grinder and not their debt collectors.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
        Talk to the organ grinder and not their debt collectors.
        That was my first thought, but if the debt has been brought or passed on wouldn't i need to deal with those perusing me directly?

Comment

They are only common or garden debt collectors working on behalf of the water company, you do not have to speak or deal with them. If you are adamant you moved etc and do not owe rhis then you must take it up with the water company, the debt collector is only interested in the money they have been told to collect.

If on the other hand you get documents from the Court then do not ignore them but think you still a little way from that scenario.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X