• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with Lowell CCJ claim and refusing CCA request

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Lowell CCJ claim and refusing CCA request

Hi there, first post here. Thank you in advance for reading and helping me. I have a Very account for £1100 which was sold to Lowell. I didn’t make any payments and buried head in the sand. I moved to America in 2018 and Lowell sent a CCJ claim form to my old adress which was forwarded to me in America. I put a note that I lived in America and heavily pregnant and not working. I heard nothing again from Lowell, and I have no CCJ according to my credit reports, trust online and according to the courts the status is “Stayed, no further action”I have since come back to the UK, and tackling my debts. I sent Lowell a CCA request for the Very debt, they have replied with this*

....”we note that your account had a CCJ registered against it in May 2018 under claim number XXXXXXXX, therefore please note that a CCJ supersedes a CCA request and where a judgement has been applied then as a business we will continue to pursue the debt as we can be certain that the debt is collectable. We trust this clarifies the matter, we ask that you contact us to discuss your intentions towards this account and review a suitable payment arrangement. We will cease collections activity for 30 days to await response”

i definitely don’t have a CCJ... according to the court the status is stayed and they haven’t done anything. Should I persist to ask for CCA request? I’m worried that they will go forward with the CCJ again... but at the same time can they do that if they don’t have the CCA?*

Please help!*
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X