• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Excel Enforcement Agencies help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excel Enforcement Agencies help

I used to house share with a ex-friend, I was giving him my half of the council tax as the council tax paymwnt card was under his name, but I only found out in July a few months after he just up and left that he wasn't paying the paying the council tax and hiding missed payment letters from me.

Now I've had 2 letters from excel enforcement agency one for both of us and one addressed to me saying that I have till a certain day to pay them.

There are two accounts which need to be paid which both are just over £405 each, when I phoned them and asked if could pay of one of the account and my old house mate pays the other one they simple said in rude and aggressive tone that I don't have a choice and have to pay both of them or they'd be sending bailiffs to the address they have for me but its my parents address and don't live they're anymore. He simpley replied saying it doesnt matter and stated I have 5 days to pay them full amount or set up a payment plan.

Does anybody have any advice regarding this matter I was simply going to set up a payment plan with them.
    Im 22 years old and so confused on this matter, I have no belongings in my parents house for them to recover and my income is £50 a week but after travel and lunch for work, im left with £10. I dont currently pay any rent or bills as I dont a permenant address, I'm staying in friends and family houses. Sofa surfing is what most people refer to it as.

Any advice is greatly appreciated and sorry in advance for the length of this post, just wanted to explain in as much detail.

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X