• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UK power network taking me to small claims court.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by efpom View Post
    Fixed costs on the small claims track do NOT include solicitor costs - see CPR 27.14
    Fixed solicitor's costs are included, for instance, issuing claim, serving claim, requesting judgment, even on a small claim.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      You can have your wife to write her account in a witness statement and submit that to court at the same time you do your own. In the N180 witnesses box you'd just put 2 ( yourself and your wife ) and she would need to attend the hearing with you. It wouldn't be a conflict of interest unless she also worked for the claimant.

Are you still in touch with your housemate ? Were they a joint tenant of the property at the time ?

Witnesses on their part - should be themselves, the claimant, plus probably whoever was involved in the issues at the property - the court may yet order expert witnesses and the claimant might not yet know if they want/need to include additional witnesses- it is something that will be dealt with when the court issues it's directions after both n180s have been filed and served.

The search does seem likely to be a tracing search - and yes they are able to do a soft search on a credit file. It doesn't affect your credit rating.

Also put your local court on your N180 if it isn't the same as the claimants.
      I don't speak to him anymore as we fell out but I know where he lives. Sent off my N180 form back today will update here as soon as I know what the next step is.

Regards

Comment

Hi guys it has been a month since i posted my N180 form back which was updated on the 10th of this month to say i have filled it. But since then i haven't heard anything back from the court. Is this normal? Does anyone know roughly how long it take before i need to find out what is happening.

Regards

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X