• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Debt collector chasing for debt more than 10 years

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt collector chasing for debt more than 10 years

I am being pursued by moorcroft for and old natwest overdraft debt. Nat west obtained a CCJ in 2000 which fell off the record in 2006. What should my next action be Moorcroft are trying to collect on the debt.
    Tags: None

Second word Off. Or just ignore them.

Comment

They have just sent a letter saying that as the debt was subject to legal action the debt is not SB . I am intending to continue to ignore but can they do anyhting such as report the account as in default again or resurrect it on my credit report?

Comment

I appreciate as there is a CCJ in place it cannot be SB. But what are they going to do, have they been to Court and had themselves added to the Judgment in order to collect or have they just bought a load of debts from Nat West? As more than 6 years have elapsed since the CCJ was granted they cannot take any further enforcement action without gaining permission from the Court & given the length of time would suspect it to be very unlikely given especially if they are not the Claimant.

As for reporting the debt again then that is something I will leave for others to comment on but imagine they cannot. I would guess they think you must be shaking in your boots over this and will comply with everything they say. There are some who may be taken in by their spiel and just shell out but you know different. Got to be honest and say keep the letters they send just in case they try anything sneaky but certainly don't answer the phone to them.

Comment

could i get the case struck out as it it more than 10 years since judgement and no attempt at enforcement has been made?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X