• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unknown debt from Lantern debt recovery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown debt from Lantern debt recovery

Hello,

Last week my husband received a letter from Lantern stating he owes just over £800, which he does not recognise.

From researching online he sent a 'prove it' letter to them via email.

Today he received this response:

"Dear Sir / Madam

Thank you for your recent email.

To ensure the ongoing security of your personal data and to comply with the current data protection laws, we must verify your identity before we can discuss your account. Please can you confirm:

• Your full name;
    • First line and postcode of your address;
    • Your date of birth;
    • Your email address.

Upon receipt of this information we will be able to complete your request. You can contact one of our agents by telephone on 0113 887 6876 (Monday to Thursday 8am to 7pm, Friday 8am to 6pm or Saturday 10am to 1pm).

We look forward to your speedy response.

Yours sincerely

Lantern "

Is this acceptable for them to ask? I just want to make sure he responds appropriately as I have read how crafty some of these debt agencies can be.

Thanks in advance!
    Tags: None

Write to them in response to their letter Reference Number:- dated xx xxx xxxx inst:- have no knowledge of any such alledged debt, please provide full details to determine the alledged debt stated within your letter aforementioned. Keep copy on file?

you could post copy of letter here redacted to see if it is not a Phishing letter trying to trace an alledged debtor, sure others will advise also do not phone the telephone jockeys

Comment

Tell them that they have already decided that you are the correct person by sending you the original letter.

Comment

We've come a long way since the days when we financed cars...
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X