• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Brian v MBNA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian v MBNA

Guys,

another one for the melting pot before christmas.
    My son 24 going on 12 took out a loan with MBNA in june 06.
    Due to job changes, girlfriend breakup etc, in short the debt hasnt/didnt get paid, and in the end MBNA (2 months ago) sold the debt off to EQUIDEBT. (9080 pounds)
    it now transpires that PPI was setup with this loan and is/was paid for some 12 months before the loan went pear shaped.
    I want to get rolling and try and get this PPI reclaimed as the boy was self employed so it was clealy mis-sold.
    Question is... who are we chasing on the PPI claim?
    When the debt was sold to equidebt, do they take on this element of the "debt" or is purely an MBNA thing on the PPI?

Any help appreciated

Brian

Re: Debt purchasing and assignment

You need to chase MBNA for all of it until Equidebt can prove they are legally entitled to this debt. Have you sent any letters at all yet?

There must be charges on this loan too, do you know how many?

Comment

Re: Brian v MBNA

Amy

no in short, although he is getting a number of letters from EQUIDEBT , latest one is 50% off if he pays before jan 10th.

I see where your coming from. MBNA did write some 4 months back (i think) to say the debt had been sold to equidebt (have letter on file), so that told me that they had washed therew hands of it, but a letter came 4 weeks about about PPI from MBNA do you want to renew it etc, so thats when the penny dropped about PPI on the oriiginal loan.

let me know your thoughts

Brian

Comment

For the PPI you need to adapt this letter to your sons case and claim it again MBNA.
        http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ead.php?t=2337
        Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

I still wouldn't be paying anything to Equidebt until I was certain they should be the ones to collect on this debt and they cannot do that unless they possess the correct paperwork.

Comment

Can I point you to these threads re PPI Claims

PPI Notes - PLEASE READ FIRST

PPI Preliminary Letter

Comment

guys

manny thannks for the input
              on the case to get a letter to MBNA to kick this off

noted on equidebt proof, have written to them 10 days ago on there offer, so that can be changed as we go along.

rgds

Brian

Comment

quick update as i write xmas cards:

letter recived from EQUIDEBT stating they will now accept 6600 quid to close the matter, this is after sennding the "pay 50% now and well call it quits leaflet"
                **** jokers, so thats it.
                letter to MBNA on the PPI today and CCA etc etc requests from the joker outfit above tomorrow.(hardball time)

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                  quick update as i write xmas cards:

letter recived from EQUIDEBT stating they will now accept 6600 quid to close the matter, this is after sennding the "pay 50% now and well call it quits leaflet"
                  **** jokers, so thats it.
                  letter to MBNA on the PPI today and CCA etc etc requests from the joker outfit above tomorrow.(hardball time)
                  Hello Brian,

I have experience of equidebt and their shinanigans:santa2: Have you sent them a letter asking them for proof of this alleged debt and a section 77/78 request under the cca 1974 for a true copy of the original credit agreement, which allows them to pursue you:santa1:

Comment

Hey Brian, have MBNA responded with your request ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X