• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bryan Carter Help required!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryan Carter Help required!

Hi, Not sure if I am posting in the correct place but here goes anyway. I have over £5400 debt with Egg (credit card) which has been passed to Bryan Carter a while ago, I have a payment arrangement set up with them of £10 per month which I have kept up with out exception. Since September I have been trying to claim back some charges (only comes to £248 + interest = £309.24) I have today received a letter from Bryan Carter saying that "Whilst you may be partially successful in this argument it is certainly not the case that all charges levied are irrecoverable. In an attempt to bring this matter to a conclusion we confirm that on a with out prejudice basis we will accept £3271 in full and final settlement providing that payment is received within 28 days. If you choose not to accept this compromise our instuctions are to take enforcement action against you without further notice."
    Now we have no savings and absolutely no way of paying this off and now wish we had not rocked the boat, what are my options?

Re: Bryan Carter Help required!

As long as you maintain the payments then they can not escilate any further action, as a certain member on here would say"Bovine Excrement", to there letter!

Comment

They do not have to accept your repayment installments. What they cannot do is escalate debt recorvery for an account that is clearly in dispute. Was this account passed to Bryan Carter before you commenced action to have your charges repaid to you?

Let them go to court and have the court set the repayments and if they are too high, you go back for redetermination of those payments.

Comment

The account was passed to Bryan Carter then I commenced action to have charges repaid, really wish I hadnt bothered now.

Comment

Whatever way you look at it's still £300 odd of your money off your debt.

You wouldn't walk past £300 lying in the street would you.

Comment

What do you suggest I do next?

Comment

I suggest you keep doing what you are doing, negotiating and reclaiming those charges and one day you'll be in a position to pay the lot off. He can't force you to pay what you don't have.

He can try and if he does, we'll help you, but you should still reclaim your money.

Comment

Do I hear another Mr C threat

For shame.

Ruby keep on with the charges reclaim and ignore MrC's empty threats for now.

If they write again making further threats we'll deal with him, but for now leave him too his little games.

Comment

Ok thank you both for your help! Should I now send the next letter in the bank charge reclaiming? Also do I send it to Egg or Bryan Carter?

Comment

Deal with Egg and leave Mr C for now.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X