• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please can you take a look at this CCA agreement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please can you take a look at this CCA agreement

All opinions welcome as to whether or not its all correct etc!

Thanks ever so much

Bump for the evening people

Comment

Think I need new glasses, struggling to read parts of this, however:

Consumer Credit Act 1974

If you enter into a credit agreement which is regulated under the Consumer Credit Act you must be given a written copy of the agreement when you take out the loan. This must set out:-
      • what type of credit agreement it is, for example, credit sale, hire purchase or conditional sale
      • the true cost of the credit, worked out according to a special formula (APR)
      • the amount of each payment, when it is due to be paid, and how it is made up (loan, interest, administration charge)
      • your cancellation rights and whether you can pay off the debt early
      This should help you check, as far as I can make out, it's all there (even though the amount of payment is shown slightly differently for credit cards, as a percentage or minimum payment rather than fixed amount)

Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by iancognito View Post
        Think I need new glasses, struggling to read parts of this, however:

This should help you check, as far as I can make out, it's all there (even though the amount of payment is shown slightly differently for credit cards, as a percentage or minimum payment rather than fixed amount)

Hope this helps!
        Thanks for that

I have read comments on the other site that an 'application' form is not acceptable as an executed copy of the CCA, which really confuses me because with all of the credit cards I've ever had, I'm sure I have only ever signed an 'application' form, and not a seperate agreement form.

I'm so so so confused by it all

Comment

From what i can see this a looks like the application form and not a CCA,

Been on the lager so my eyes cant focus on the small print so I will have another look in the morning.

It does look amazingly similar to this one i commented on somewhere else

Paul
          Last edited by Paule; 27th June 2007, 19:58:PM.

Comment

Okey Dokey

I concentrated really hard and read part of it.

From what i read it seems that you made an online application for the Credit Card and this would be the agreement that they sent you to sign.
            So this would be a CCA, but I dont think its a 'properly executed' CCA as i can't see THEIR signature on it.

I'm sure someone will confirm or correct me if i am wrong

Paul

Comment

Paul

Why would you think this is an application form? it is clearly headed as a credit agreement and all the info is contained there, I read this as an agreement, I think if it were an application, it would say so.

JMHO

Comment

Sorry, we were obviously posting at the same time!

Comment

Thanks both for your replies - The card was applied for over the internet, and then I was sent the last 3 pages to sign and return. The first 2 pages arrived with my cards I think.

Comment

Ok then

Ive not had chance to read this yet (its half eleven and alcohol has been consumed) but this may have some relevance as you applied online

The Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Electronic Communications) Order 2004

Paul

Comment

It looks o.k. to me to, but why they insist on stamping across readable area's of the agreement is completely beyond me. Only gripe I have is with the stamp making the type unreadable, persay Section 1. The Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulations 1983.

Regards, Dave.

Comment

My OH has just received an application form for an MBNA card - lol - we won't be sending it back. But what confuses me is that whilst in the top left hand corner it says 'Credit Card Agreement Regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974' and there appear to be all the other bits needed such as details of interest rate and a box for him to sign, there is nowhere on the form for them to countersign. As this form has been issued this week, it makes me wonder if there needs to be a countersignature or whether they haven't worked out and changed their paperwork yet.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X