• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

A quick question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A quick question

Morning all, I'm all fired up today after seeing off 2 DCA employees yesterday (I'll put them into threads relating to the specific debts later.....)

What I would like to know is: When a DCA representing a mobile phone company or electricity supplier starts hassling you, do the rules around the CCA still apply here? Should I be sending a request for the CCAs even though I know we never signed one as it wasn't exactly credit ?:o Does the CCA only apply regarding DCAs when the debt originated from a loan?

Sorry to sound a bit thick, but I want to get everything right and make them work extremely hard for their money

Hiya, I'm not so sure about Electricity Suppliers tbh, perhaps someone else might be able to guide you on that one (I'll ask around for you in the meantime). Mobile phones hmmmm I would think its worth a try hun, after all it only costs a £1 and if anything will keep them off your back for a while, which will give you breathing space etc. I personally have used the CCA against DCA's (in fact I got £6.8k written off by Thames Credit, because they couldn't supply the proper paperwork). Catalogue debts are good to use it against as well.
    Well done for seeing off the DCA employees as well, they are the scum of the earth imho.
    Keep fighting the good fight and good luck and keep us posted.

sapphire
    Last edited by Sapphire; 23rd June 2007, 09:18:AM.

Comment

Unfortunately this will not work. A mobile 'phone contract is for telephone service and not credit, therefore it is not governed under the CCA1974, it will be a waste of time, not to mention a stamp and your £1!

Comment

I stand corrected ! Thanks for putting me right Cetelco !

sapphire

Comment

Well if a mobile is a telephone service then why do you need to be credit searched in order to get a contract?

Comment

They just have the best of all worlds, they're not covered by the CCA but are quite happy to place a default on your credit file if you owe them money, unfortunately its all legal and allowed by the ICO so until we find a way round it, there's not a lot you can do.

Comment

Dang :rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
                Well if a mobile is a telephone service then why do you need to be credit searched in order to get a contract?
                Because they are going to extend a service to you before you pay for it, not to mention a telephone handset, usually costing several hundred pounds - they need to be satisfied that you can pay for it.

If you do not want to be credit checked then buy your own handset and then buy airtime in advance.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X