• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MBNA.. Default on account problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBNA.. Default on account problem

First of all..As a new member on the forum..I would like to take this opportunity to say hi to all members and to thank everyone in advance who is able to offer advice

Ok..the following is a timeline of events:

7th Nov 2000...... My MBNA Credit card account was opened

1st June 2010...... CCA request sent

4th June 2010 ..... Section 87(1) notice served

11th June 2010.....A letter apologising for the delayed CCA request and also stating that 'since my account was acquired from another lender some time ago.. they need to obtain documentation from that lender'

17th June 2010 .... A letter mentioning my account defaulting on 31st May 2010..{I also checked with Experian...the date here is correct}..The letter here also states that once the default has occured, they will not pursue the debt, no monthly updates to the CRA, not sold to a DCA, all correspondance will cease including monthly statements.

7th Oct 2010.. A copy of an INCOMPLETE CCA and they are unable to provide a complete copy.

8th OCT 2010 ~~> present.....No letters

Okay..I have a question...As MBNA issued a default to the Credit agency 5 DAYS before the DN and then wrote to me telling me they will no longer persue the debt...What on earth do I do now?......

Again...many thanks for all advice..
    Tags: None

Re: MBNA.. Default on account problem

Were you seven (7) payments in arrears at the time that MBNA registered the Default with the CRA's?

Comment

Re: MBNA.. Default on account problem

Hi there...Yes..It was over 7 payments.. As MBNA default registered the default with Experian on the 31st May and the default notice was served to me on the 4th June..(Date on the letter)....I just needed to know if they are allowed to do this. Thanks
      Last edited by Dream2science; 6th April 2011, 20:21:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X