• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

9 Credit cards £30,000 - Reclaim charges, PPI.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 9 Credit cards £30,000 - Reclaim charges, PPI.

Ive now had 7 replies, Lloyds are the only ones being difficult !!!
    HSBC (via MCS) accepted my Hardship status and token payment offer.
    Nat west being very friendly .....i doubt it will last !

Comment

Both Crap One and Egg have now made partial offers on charge reclaims,i am not accepting partial repayments !!! i will add new threads for both Egg and Crap one

Comment

Just an update on my progress to date.

HSBC - charges =Full refund
        - PPI they have offered me 6 years refund with interest......ive sent copies of older statements to get 10 year+ refund .
        Nat West -charges =Full refund
        Capital One -charges =Full refund
        Barclaycard -charges =Full refund
        -PPI is proving more difficult so is now with FOS.
        Amex - charges =Full refund
        MBNA - is still ongoing
        Virgin - is still ongoing
        Egg - Are playing hard boiled, so this is about to go to FOS

HSBC PPI is the big one for me (£4500) so im just keeping my fingers crossed they do as they agreed over the phone.

Once again thanks for everyones help on here.

Comment

Further update.

Nat West - PPI = Full refund plus interest £2700.

Comment

On a roll or what, What x
            Is no longer here

Comment

Originally posted by whatnest View Post
              Further update.

Nat West - PPI = Full refund plus interest £2700.
              sweet

Comment

Wendy, Yes a bit of a roll this week, payback for all those phone calls and sleepless nights i used to have !!! maybe i should do the lottery this week??

Comment

More success, HSBC have confirmed they are gonna pay out £4500 on my PPI reclaim.

Comment

you're brining down that overall £30K balance nicely! What's the balance now?
                    sigpicNo one expects a Chronic Hysteresis

Comment

Well done so far, you really are getting some fab results.
                      Enaid x

Comment

Thanks Enaid, Yes it has been a lot of work and over 40 letters to get to this point, but the results are a lot better than i expected so im now down to about £18, 000 of debt. I am now able to make some Full and final offers on the smaller debts .....my target is to get to £10,000 by the end of the year!! and if im really really lucky debt free before the Olympics start next year.

Comment

Reducing your debts by 60% in 3 months is massive progress. Well done Whattie!

Mine are now down to approx £34K from their peak of £70K 5 years ago and I think I have just about wrung dry any undoscovered claims on PPI and charges now. My best bet is to follow your lead and make F&Fs on the smaller debts as and when I can.

Have to say that I've written more than just 40 letters! They must be good letters you've been sending Whattie - post 'em up as examples!

DS

Comment

Thank you DS for your reply, As regards to the letters i just used the standard format ones from here, although i did tweak them to my own situation.
                            I originally started out writing my own letters but they kind of missed some of the key points and tended to be a bit on the long side. Once i started using the standard formats from here the replies i got i could then use for the next stage.
                            Are all your debts on Credit cards ? Are you paying any interest?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X