• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclay Card interest charged

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclay Card interest charged

Can anyone tell me if this is worth going to the FO with, I had a morgan stanley card, transfered to Gold Fish then now to Barclay Card, I got into financial difficulties, when the card was with morgan stanley, who agreed to cease charging interest on the account when i got into financial difficultys and my payments were being made by the CCCS, even when transferred to goldfish I was still not being charged interest. However things changes when barclay card took over in 2008 they started charging me a reduced interest rate, despite telephone calls to them they said they have every right to re add the interest charges and I was being charged at a reduced rate, I was paying 112.00 on a balance of 6K and interest applied was 29.00 rate applied was 0.490%. Then in June with no warning they increased the interest rate t 1.385% thus paying about 74.00 in interest, I was still paying 112.00 per month my debt. this went of for 3 months despite calls from myself and the CCCS, until September 09 when they reduced the rate to 1.019%. Unfortunately in sept 09 my husband had a heartattack and being self employed was not contributing to the household therefored I had to cut by payment to the CCCS and Barclay quota was 46.09 which were my new payments however I was being charged 54.00 per month interest so not paying anything of the debt. After several letters to them from myself, they agreed to suspend interest charges (please see letter below) and gave me a refund of about 388.00 on the account. However in Jan 2010 my husband was able to go back to work so I was able to increase my payments to 68.45. and have being paying this todate without any interest being charged the whole amount is coming of the debt from this letter I assumed that this would contine aslong as my payments came via the CCCS. WRONG received my January statement low and behold interest charges applied rate 0.562% on my balance of 4224.98 and charged 26.35 interest. Telephoned them and was told once again in there right to do so and sent out the other attached letter. Despite claims iin their letter that the CCCS to not update them is untrue, they also update all my other creditors and there is no problem with them
    Last edited by pamala; 2nd February 2011, 13:38:PM. Reason: had not finished my thread
    Tags: None

Re: Barclay Card interest charged

Can you explain a bit more please?
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Re: Barclay Card interest charged

Many thanks

I have added more information, pressed the wrong button before I had finished

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X