• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

credit card debt bought by lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• credit card debt bought by lowell

Please can you advise me about this ,lowells have purchased a debt owed to capital one,this debt is over 7yrs old can you advise my next move,this is for £852.00
    Tags: None

Re: credit card debt bought by lowell

When did you last make a payment?

Comment

Originally posted by starliner55 View Post
      Please can you advise me about this ,lowells have purchased a debt owed to capital one,this debt is over 7yrs old can you advise my next move,this is for £852.00
      Hi Starliner, it may be worth a read of my thread about how I wrote off over 10 thousand pounds of debt with these low life chancers. They specialize in buying out of date (statute barred) debts and difficult debts and hoping that people respond to their threats by paying up.

In my own case, they chased me for almost 5 years before I realized that I did not owe them a penny!

Check if your debt is statute barred, as it sounds like that may be a possibility-see the threads on here about that topic.

Also, realize that you are dealing with cheaters and liars, so check each step of the way.

Do not enter into any conversations with them-everything in writing only and do not admit anything to them. Check each letter that you are going to send by posting on here first, removing any personal details.
      Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
        When did you last make a payment?
        this debt is over 7 years old ive totally forgot about it then the first thing i know lowell purchased debt sent me letter require payment do i have to pay because of time lapsed on capitol one not contacting me can this become statute

Comment

Hi,

You are saying the debt is over 7 years old, when was the last time any payment was made towards this debt.

If the debt is genuinely statute barred and there is no CCJ against it, once you have written to them stating that it is, then that is a complete defence to any court proceedings that they may try to bring.

The OFT guidelines on debt collection clearly state that a creditor/dca should cease all future attempts at collecting a debt when the debtor has told them that he/she will no longer be making any payments as the debt is Statute Barred.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X