• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MBNA account 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MBNA account 1 F&F

Hi guys,

Just a further update -

Today I received another letter from them in response to mine asking for clarification of their last correspondence and confirmation that they would comply with my conditions. It states -

'As per your letter we can confirm that we have purchased this account off the MBNA, once you have cleared the settlement that has been offered the account will be closed as paid in full, we will notify the credit reference agencies accordingly. We can also confirm that this debt will not be sold on to any other creditor or passed to any third party agent for further action as the balance will be closed and marked as paid in full.

This settlement figure has only been offered as a minimum repayment amount, which means we will accept no figure lower than the amount offered. Any payment made over this amount will be deducted from your outstanding balance meaning that NO REFUNDS will be made on full and final settlements, where the full outstanding balance has not been cleared.'

I am happier with the wording of the first paragraph above and think this does sound as if they are agreeing to my conditions - at least as much as I could hope.

Does anyone else think differently or do you think it is safe to go ahead and send the third party cheque now?

I have few days left so obviously I won't do anything until I have some other opinions!

Cheers guys

Nellie x

Comment

Re: MBNA account 1

Sorry for being a pain and 'bumping' this so soon guys, but as I only have till the 30th to get the cheque to them if all is ok and I am to go ahead with this, I would really appreciate some opinions on the wording of their letter as per my last post please

Comment

Just sent you a PM honey.

PF X
        If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
          Just sent you a PM honey.

PF X
          Thanx PF - have sent you one back x

Comment

Righto - cheque all ready to go via SD tomorrow............and photographed to be on the safe side Thanks so much again for all your help with this PF

Comment

You are welcome and thank you too.
              If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X