• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lugger loses it with Cap 1's Call Centre

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lugger loses it with Cap 1's Call Centre

I stand corrected.

Scrub Mumbai, insert Manila Mafia.
    My Blog
    http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Comment

Rofl I remember a thread just like this a few months ago, lets face it peeps ANY call centre that is not of this land is flaming hard to deal with.

Comment

I hear ye Sapphy. But to be honest, the call centres in this country are just as bad. You try to deviate from their script and they will ALWAYS try to get back on track.

None of that lot have permission to think for themselves, no matter where in the world they are based. :tinysmile_grin_t:
        My Blog

Comment

Oh hun, I'm not 'nagging' you or anything, I was just musing about what happened when I had a bit of a rant about foreign call centres, it turned into quite an interesting thread I seem to remember.
          Will have a look and see if I can find it for you.

Here it is have a look it turned into quite a debate call centres etc debate from enaids BT thread - Legal Beagles

Comment

Originally posted by Mochamoo View Post
            We are getting 6 calls a day for OH's account on his mobile and 6 calls a day on the land line and 6 calls a day for my account on the landline only as my mobiles now disconnected.

Sent them harassment letter last week and it hasn't stopped them at all.
            Which letter did you send?

Comment

The telephone harassment letter from here post 2
              Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
              Me VS Abbey Win
              BIL HSBC Credit Card
              BIL EGG
              BIL HSBC Loan
              BIL PPI Win

Comment

Originally posted by LuggerBugs View Post
                OK, so I'm behind on my payments this month, but I see no good reason for Cap 1's Mumbai Mafia to call me several times a day asking when I'm going to be making a payment. So the normally mild mannered Luggerbugs "lost the heid" and swore at one of them today.

So I'm going to have a pop at them. Might as well... I'm well pee'd off with their smug and superior attitude. Anything else I say will only come across to some as racist, so I'll stop right there and simply post up my letter.

Bear in mind that I have used Rage Italic as a font. I thought the name rather appropriate. :tinysmile_twink_t2:

I might as well prepare a SAR now, since they will probably ignore this letter. :tinysmile_grin_t:
                They can cease all telephone contact. If they do not, then you can sue them for harassment or take out an injunction against them. Either should work just fine.

The fact that their call centre uses an ACD is not relevant because they can remove your number from the software script - and they will, if you approach this correctly.

You are entitled not to be telephoned, you may demand that all contact is by letter only and they must comply.

Comment

The telephone harassment letter from here post 2
                  Send this one.

Dear (name)

Despite my clear and concise instruction for your company to cease contact via telephone I have received (number) telephone calls (state when received)

As I am sure you are aware Harassment of Debtors is a criminal offence in England and Wales under Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970.

Furthermore, continued telephone calls after the receipt of a request not to call may constitute a criminal offence under Section 127 of the Communications Act 2003.

In addition every individual has a right to be free from harassment under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

The offence of causing harassment is arrestable under the provisions of Section 24(2) of the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 and attracts the powers associated with such offences. Additionally Section 3 enables a person who is, or may become, the victim of behaviour prohibited by Section 1 to take civil proceedings against the perpetrator.

Further it is my contention that your company is in breach of the Office of Fair Trading guidelines on harassment.

As you have demonstrably failed to heed my instructions I feel I have no option but to report your conduct to the relevant statutory authorities, including Trading Standards, the Financial Services Authority and the Office of Fair Trading.

If I should receive another telephone call from any person from your company at any point then I will be contacting the police to report the criminal offence of harassment and will be naming you in my statement to the police.

I trust that I have made myself clear and that all future correspondence with your company will be in writing.

If you are in any doubt as to what to do with this letter, then I would advise that you consult your corporate counsel.

Yours sincerely

Comment

You forgot to add "Valid, even if not read by you"
                    My Blog

Comment

Any news ?

Comment

Nah. But I've not heard a peep from them since I read my letter out to them. LOL

It CAN be done. Vanquis don't pester me now either. Not even by text.

Away again on Tuesday, but only 2 weeks this time. So I'll SAR them when I get back if they haven't played ball in that time. On the other hand, the SAR is sitting on my desk, so mebbes I'll just get Mrs Lugger to pop it in the post next week.
                        My Blog

Comment

Its a Filipino call centre
                          get it RIGHT it is MUMBI which is in INDIA, stop upsetting my wife from Phillipines.:beagle:

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                            get it RIGHT it is MUMBI which is in INDIA, stop upsetting my wife from Phillipines.:beagle:
                            I must admit, they do sound rather Indian. And not at all like the Filipino crew on my boat.

I know what... I'll Google it.

Hmm. It appears that there may be call centres in both India and the Phillipines.

Oh, well. The location isn't really the point, is it.
                            My Blog

Comment

I must have been very lucky with Cap 1 after reading this thread...........I put a letter in the post to them explaining i couldnt meet payments with an I/E attached and they havnt rung me or anything.In fact I got a rather nice letter of them today saying interest frozen etc etc and that they will accept my £1 a month payment and write to me again in 6 months for an updated I/E............It must depend on which idiot has charge of your account etc etc.

Comment

Yeah, well I thought I had an agreement with Barclaycard where they agreed to freeze interest so long as I was paying them at least £50 a month.

I only found out after Cabot got involved and I got to see statements (BC stopped sending me them, which I thought was OK cos we had an "agreement") that I found out virtually everything I was paying them was interest.

So, take nothing for granted. Check they are not being sneaky.
                                My Blog

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X