• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MBNA stich up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBNA stich up

Hi there.Im basically after some info about legalities.I was offered a short settlement on 2 mbna cards.As follows 1000 for both accounts.I would also be allowed to subtract june and julys payment of approx 200 leaving 800 to pay by 25 august or if i couldnt pay in august i could settle by the 25 sept but only julys payment would come off the balance leaving aprox 900 to pay.I contacted cccs regarding the deal and they advised i needed full and final confirmation.I emailed mbna asking them to agree to this and put the offer in writing.I never heard anything from them at all despite repeated emails to evan davies who was dealing with my account.To my horror i recieved two defaults in august and when i rang to complain i was told i should of made a payment in august and the accounts are now sold!!!My argument is that the deal i had struck gave me two options mentioned above whereby i was paying more in sept so that i presumed was serving augusts payment.Also on the default it gives me the option of paying the full amount on or before the 25 sept???Have i been stiched up or is this human error.EVAN DAVIES at mbna is a **** he has ignored my last 10 emails and has read them.Where can i go from here??I have just spoken to compliance and spoke to a brainwashed MBNArse who said i was in the wrong .HELP PLEASE.Thanks dubs

Re: MBNA stich up

was there charges on the account that was reclaimed?
    By settlement, do you mean you were offered an amount to clear both cards?
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    And a warm welcome to Legal beagles
    Last edited by natweststaffmember; 17th September 2009, 19:37:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

No charges reclaied and yes the settlement of two cards.And further to my last post i have recieved a letter from compliance admitting they are in the wrong but no mention of default removal?Also if i dont pay by 25th sept the short settlement is null and void.By the way does anybody use this forum?

Comment

Originally posted by dubs1967 View Post
        By the way does anybody use this forum?

errrm yes?
        Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
        Me VS Abbey Win
        BIL HSBC Credit Card
        BIL EGG
        BIL HSBC Loan
        BIL PPI Win

Comment

Hey thats constructive!!

Comment

You say there were no charges reclaimed. But were there any to reclaim, that you just haven't reclaimed? If so you should reclaim them and use this to bring down the balance.

You need to draft a letter to there complaints dept detailing exactly what has happened. Also tell them there are xxx amount of charges which therefore brings the balance down to xxx and then offer them a reduced settlement. Expain that it is through their incompetence that the defaults have been registered and you want them removed.This should get the debt referred back to MBNA from the DCA. Are you actually in a position to pay the reduced settlements? If not, then there's no point agreeing to them. You would be better off paying in instalments once you have reduced the balance by claiming the charges.

And fwiw I don't really think sarcastic remarks about how many people use the forum is particularly constructive.
            Is no longer here

Comment

Hi wendyb .I wasnt being sarcastic,i thought i would of had more replys to my post.I am coming to the conclusion that mbna are cheats.I mentioned charges etc and was told it was pointless claiming as we were coming to a settlement figure.Also mentioned theCCA route and was told that i would be shirking my responsibilities and that they have never lost a case!!All these things have been requested in emails and have been ignored.Gloves are off now and i am going to do the CCA anyway.

Comment

Well fwiw i sent two letters and got a total refund of every charge ever paid. Have a look at my thread.
                Is no longer here

Comment

Excuse my ignorance but what is fwiw.
                  ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                  For what its worth.
                  Last edited by dubs1967; 24th September 2009, 17:39:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

For What It's Worth.

here is Wendys thread OH v MBNA (Partial refund in 23 days) now FULL REFUND ! - Legal Beagles

Have you seen CurlyBens CCA guide?
                    Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
                    Me VS Abbey Win
                    BIL HSBC Credit Card
                    BIL EGG
                    BIL HSBC Loan
                    BIL PPI Win

Comment

I should add here that we haven't exactly got the money yet. The statemnt shows a big fat credit balance but still waiting for th cheque. Obviously MBNA 10 days is worked out on a different universe's concept of days. Its been 25 days on Saturday. 14 working days so far. Need OH to give them a call as they won't speak to me.
                      Is no longer here

Comment

I must mention that i answered a call this morning from paul at MBNA wanting to speak to my partner.I had given him short shrift on the phone last night and i dont think he was happy.Anyway i said i didnt like his attitude towards me and i wanted the number for the complaints dept.His reply was that it didnt exist!! he repeated this a second time,before i corrected him and he started to give me a number before changing tack and waffling about something else.My point here is that some of these people are proper scallies and have no idea how to treat people,and they blatently LIE!!! so you all tread carefully because your dealing with rogues and not a proffesional organisation,they will LIE LIE and LIE again.LIBEL what the hell!!DS

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X