• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

credit card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• credit card

hi there
    im new to this so please excuse as i haven't a clue how it works!
    i'm looking for an answer as to whether credit card agreements can be enforced if they havent been countersigned by the lender
    jim

Re: credit card

Yes they can, but only with court action.

Comment

what is the likelyhood of that happening

Comment

Difficult to say really.
        It depends on the OC.

Could you scan and post a copy of the agreement and I'll give it the once over for you.

Comment

------------------------------- merged -------------------------------

Sorry it took so long but here they are.
          I had to find someone to upload the pictures.

Jim
          Last edited by McGinty; 4th May 2009, 15:55:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

From what I can make out on the T&C's this is good, other than their lack of execution.
            As I said this can easily be rectified with court action.

Now as to their likelihood of actually doing this, very difficult to say.
            They may simply "sell" it to a DCA for further action.
            Best idea would be to reclaim all of the charges and come to a repayment plan.

Comment

Thanks For That. How Would I Claim The Charges Back-do You Mean Any Charges That Have Been Levied For Missed Payments Or All Payments Made To Date

Comment

There's details here: Legal Beagles and further details here: Budgie's strategy for reclaiming credit card charges - Legal Beagles
                Basically it's a case of requesting all the statements and totalling the charges from there.
                Last edited by Tools; 2nd December 2013, 23:23:PM.

Comment

Cheers
                  Jim

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X