• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Seahorse & Vanquis ** SETTLED**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seahorse & Vanquis ** SETTLED**

Hi folks I'm back. And just had a letter throught the door this morning.

I had a moan at Vanquis a few weeks ago because I was fed up with them treating me like a child. I usually pay them off over the phone each month as I wouldn't trust them with a kiddie's rattle, never mind a direct debit. But occasionally, I'm out of contact with being at sea, and so miss the deadline by a few days. Not usually a problem, as I just pay it when I get back and live with the £12 they whack on.

However, I got really narked one morning as I got several calls to my mobile while I was up to my neck in horse poo, despite telling them to wait until I got home and I'd sort it. After call 20 I lost it and told them that they were not to phone, and if they had any issues, to write to me. Being told that they wouldn't stop phoning was the straw that broke the camel's back, so I wrote a sh!ttygram to them. Here's the result...

I refer to your correspondence regarding the number of calls you have received and the charges applied to your account.

It is our policy that courtesy calls are made to card holders that are either over their agreed credit limit or late in making payments. These calls will be made whenever the account is not operating within the agreed Terms and Conditions.

We operate through an automated dialler sytem that logs all calls made to card holder. However, if the cal is not answered within a set time, the attempt to contact the cardholder is abandoned.

When an offer of payment is made, this is recorded onto our system and the account is pended to await clearance of the said payment. If the payment does not bring the account back within its Terms and Conditions or is not received by the date agreed, the account will automatically be placed back into our automatic dialler system.

If we are unable to discuss the account or come to an arrangement or payment the account will remain on our dialler and further calls will be made. Having reviewed the log of calls made to your account I am aware that the majority of these calls were unanswered. I would like to apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

In respect of your comments regarding the default charges placed on your account, these charges are applied in accordance with your terms and conditions.

In order to bring this matter to a speedy and amicable resolution, we are prepared to offer £132.00. This sum represents the total amount of charges applied to your account.

Please note that this sum is offered in full and final settlement of this matter.

To confirm youracceptanceof this refund in full and final settlement of your claim in respect of default charges levied on the above account, please sign in the space provided and return to me within 14 days from today.

A ful list of default charges applied to your account and any refunds already made is attached.

Please be advised that we are unable to facilitate your request to waive any future default fees. Should your account exceed its agreed credit limit or payments are received late you will incur further default charges.

Blah, blah, Further Clarification, blah, Financial Ombudsman, blah, etc.
    I wonder if she realises the seriousness of committing to paper that they intend to break the law regarding harrassment???

Obviously, I'll be pointing out to them the error of their ways, whilst accepting their payment, but rejecting their right to make unfair charges in future. And that the clock is stil ticking.
    Last edited by LuggerBugs; 4th April 2009, 10:15:AM. Reason: Mi spelling iz atroshus.
    My Blog
    http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Re: Seahorse & Vanquis

Oooooooooooo more fun for you then LB

Comment

OOPS!!! I've just realised I've utilised the wrong pseudonym in the header. My bad.
      My Blog

Comment

Nice one Luggerbugs,

WIll this refund include interest lol.

Comment

I'm a bit behind the times, due to being busy at home, and the IT police blocking this site on my boat. But the update is, Vanquis paid up with barely a whimper. 130 odd smackeroonies credited to my account.

AND the silly buggers promptly upped my credit limit. If they think I'm falling for that old chestnut, they are VERY much mistaken.

Oh, and note on my file.... no more phone calls. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Can some kind person direct me to the Winners enclosure please????
          Last edited by LuggerBugs; 13th July 2009, 17:28:PM. Reason: Shogged spill chucker
          My Blog

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X