• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Credit Card with same company after default

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit Card with same company after default

Hi,
    This post will make me sound incredibly stupid!
    15 Years ago, I had got myself in debt with credit cards. Long story short, never repaid some and was advised at the time that after 6 years they would be statue barred and I could start to rebuild my credit. Which I have been doing for the past 15 years. Yesterday, I applied for a credit card with MBNA, but after submitting the application, I realised that i had defaulted with them nearly 15 years ago. They have accepted my application, however I want to cancel it.
    Can they now chase me for the default 15 years ago? Will it be more damaging if i cancel the card?
    I know this is incredibly stupid to forget who i defaulted with, but i did and now i am worried i have opened a can of worms.
    Tags: None

Hi JOJO9786

Welcome to LB

I think you might be going overboard on this.

Just cancel it if you want to, I doubt that the scenario you suggest will happen.

The debt would be statute barred, they might not be able to produce the agreement etc.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
      Hi JOJO9786

Welcome to LB

I think you might be going overboard on this.

Just cancel it if you want to, I doubt that the scenario you suggest will happen.

The debt would be statute barred, they might not be able to produce the agreement etc.
      Thank you EChatt11, I appreciate what you are saying about going overboard, I have a tenancy to do this. Will it affect my credit rating if I cancel the card? I have had the initial acceptant of the credit card, would further checks be conducted?

Comment

Originally posted by Jojo9786 View Post

Thank you EChatt11, I appreciate what you are saying about going overboard, I have a tenancy to do this. Will it affect my credit rating if I cancel the card? I have had the initial acceptant of the credit card, would further checks be conducted?
        It shouldn't, people cancel them after the application / acceptance all the time, part of being 'human'. If you had been 'declined' that's a different thing. No, I doubt further checks will be carried out.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X