• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Irresponsible lending ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irresponsible lending ?

Hello, I'd be very grateful for some advice please:

I have 3 accounts that I have been paying monthly via a debt charity since early 2018. One of these accounts had a default recorded in May 2018 so it should drop off my file in 2 months time (if it is in fact 6 years and not 7 as I've recently read?). I requested a CCA for this account and they provided a reconstituted copy, however it is missing the date the account was opened and credit limit. I requested the full information by email one month ago, but so far no response.
    Secondly I feel I have a legitimate Irresponsible lending complaint concerning this particular account as at the time I applied, I had opened several other accounts in a 10 month period; (I was suffering post natal depression and had very recently been left a single parent). I was in part-time employment and making only the minimum and often late payments on the other accounts and they gave me a huge credit limit (I don't believe I used it all). My question is - do you think I should submit this irresponsible lending complaint now, given that the default drops off my file in 2 months time, or wait until after it is removed? I could then see if they are willing to consider my complaint, writing the debt off or accept a settlement figure? My monthly payments are all up to date and I'm very concerned about rocking the boat too much. Can they do anything further? I'm desperate to get this off mind. Thank you for your time.
    Tags: None

Do it now as there is a time limit of 6 years for submitting Irresponsible Lending claims.

Comment

Thank you for replying. Is this 6 years from opening the account or 6 years from recorded default? This will help me understand my options with another account. Thanks, again

Comment

It is six years from opening the account, or from the date the credit limit was increased to an irresponsible level.

Comment

Oh, then I'm out of time which is upsetting. I had thought 6 years from default so I sent the complaint yesterday. My complaint is them opening the account in the first place and repeatedly applying fees and charges. I'd opened so many other accounts in a short period of time prior to applying for this account and i'd only made minimum and late payments on those account (post natal depression played a factor and losing partner).

Comment

You might be out of time, but why not put your complaint in anyway?
            The finance house might not pick up on the time limitation aspect and if it goes as far as FOS who knows?
            Costs nowt except some careful letter writing

Comment

Thank you. I did sent my complaint letter yesterday evening, I explained my reasons for the complaint (detailed in my first message in this thread) and I just have to hope it will be considered. I just cannot have these debts hanging over me anymore.

Comment

Good luck, but don't expect them to agree.
                You will probably have to take it to FOS.

Debtcamel has a good series of posts about this: https://debtcamel.co.uk/refunds-catalogue-credit-card/

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X