• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Abbey CC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abbey CC

I have an old Abbey CC from 2008, defaulted about 2011 and now owned by Santander (they took over Abbey); it's about 6k. I've been paying £1 a month for 10 years, they've never asked for more, I don't understand why. I got the CCA agreement last year and it looked legible so I haven't done anything about it. I'm wondering what my options are. If I stopped paying would they go CCJ route?

Is there anything historical which might make this Unenforceable?
    Would I stand any chance of having a small offer, of say 10%, accepted in F+F?
    There are a lot of bank charges on it. Could I claim them back?

I also got a SAR for this last year. I've just checked the details they sent and there's no reference to a default notice. Is a default notice a required document if they would be to make a Claim?
    Last edited by Taurus100; 31st August 2021, 17:09:PM.
    Tags: None

You could post up the CCA removing all personal details, copy, remove personal details, scan and post. So that the members can check it for you. You could offer 10% as a Full & Final settlement (that needs to be done correctly). If you are in financial hardship you could TRY to claim charges back. The Default Notice would have been issued 3 months after you stopped making payments on your Credit Card. How far back does the SAR data they sent you go?
    Last edited by echat11; 31st August 2021, 17:59:PM.

Comment

Thanks for your reply echat. The transactions on the SAR go back to the start of the account. There's also a short listing of events (doesn't mention a default notice).

Comment

Originally posted by Taurus100 View Post
        Thanks for your reply echat. The transactions on the SAR go back to the start of the account. There's also a short listing of events (doesn't mention a default notice).
        It could be that they haven't defaulted you because you've been making the minimum payment. Does the 'short listing of events' go far back as 2011?

Comment

Yes the events goes back to the start of the account. I haven't made a minimum payment since before I defaulted over 10 years ago. Where should I send the redacted SAR to?

Comment

Yes the events goes back to the start of the account. I haven't made a minimum payment since before I defaulted over 10 years ago. Where should I send the redacted SAR to?
            To Santander's Data Protection Team, there should be an email address on their website.

Comment

Should there have been a default notice? What happens if there wasn't? Can they send me one now, it's well over 6 years ago and the account doesn't show at all on my credit file. I have already got the SAR. I meant to say can I send you a redacted copy of it, where shall I send it to?

Comment

Should there have been a default notice? What happens if there wasn't? Can they send me one now, it's well over 6 years ago and the account doesn't show at all on my credit file. I have already got the SAR. I meant to say can I send you a redacted copy of it, where shall I send it to?
                Should there have been a default notice? No because you've been paying £1 each month.
                What happens if there wasn't? Nothing, you haven't defaulted.
                Can they send me one now, it's well over 6 years ago and the account doesn't show at all on my credit file. It doesn't make sense to do that as the account doesn't appear on your Credit File so neither would the default.
                I have already got the SAR. I meant to say can I send you a redacted copy of it, where shall I send it to? You can attach it to a post, 'paperclip in blue boarder'.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X