• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Aquacard/cabot credit card default

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aquacard/cabot credit card default

Hi guys sorry if this is in wrong section.
    so here goes
    I hqd an aquacard credit card which i defaulted on in 2017, so this will be removed in 2023. It had been passed onto cabot financial. Long story shirt they took the claim to court and it went in my favour, their claim got dismissed on grounds of lack of evidence.
    What i would like to know is, is their any way i can get this default removed sooner? Cabot have closed the account but still shows on my credit report. Im not had any missed payments or adverse history since 2017 and this one default is hindering my chances of getting a mortgage. Ive spoke to both aqua and cabot and they both saying got to wait the 6 years.

If anybody could help me out i will greatly appreciate it.

Regards
    Tags: None

Unfortunately - A default will stay on your credit file for six years from the date of default, regardless of whether you pay off the debt.

Comment

I get that bud thats what the 2 companies told me.
      i had a court claim against me dismissed from cabot on the grounds of lack of evidence, ie no default notice, no transfer of debt. Only thing they produced was a generic credit agreement qnd card statements..
      based on the above is their any grounds that i can get this default removed?

Comment

regardless as stated a default registered as it took place it stays until 5 or 6 years depends where you live = it is a fact as you state you defaulted!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X