• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Interim Charging Order help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interim Charging Order help

I have just received an Interim Charging Order for a UAE credit card. I had 2 paid one off then missed 2 payments and received a CCJ. .
    I have been harassed for the past 7 years and interest added has been obscene and made it impossible to pay.

I have not missed any CCJ payments
    Now I have received Interim Charging Order

I need help on how to reply. I am so scared of being Forced to Sell as I am in 20000 negative equity and will be in such a worse state than I am now if possible

Please help this making me ill...
    Tags: None

If a charge is placed on your property it will just sit there until you decide to sell your property.

Your creditor is just taking the long view to secure the debt. As you are in negative equity they cannot force you to sell but when you do, they will be paid.

Comment

Hi thank you. I've read that they may force me to sell though. The company has the money to spare to do this no matter what the costs to them.

Comment

Its for the courts to decide not the company, the court wont allow anyone to force anything but I'm not a solicitor des8

Comment

I have been told by the solicitor dealing with the case that I am within my rights to ask for the charge not to be made final. Can anyone help with letters to this effect please?

Comment

Originally posted by Vicks41 View Post
            I have been told by the solicitor dealing with the case that I am within my rights to ask for the charge not to be made final. Can anyone help with letters to this effect please?
            Can't your solicitor help you?

Comment

Des-8

Comment

EnglandPi I haven't got a solicitor they are working for the creditor

Comment

So an interim charging order stops you selling your property without the knowledge of your creditor.
                  If they obtain a final charging order it means if you sell you have to discharge your debt
                  To force you to sell they need to obtain an order to sell

You have 28 days to object to the creditor being granted the charging order.
                  Objections should be in writing and filed in court and served on creditor

your objections might include for example if relevant:
                  it is not your property
                  You are in negative equity (so not worth while going for an order to sell!)
                  You haven't missed any instalments since CCJ obtained
                  creditor hasn't applied properly eg not informed your spouse or civil partner

You can ask the court to condition the charging order.eg impose an affordable instalment order. You keep up with the payments and the creditor will find it much harder to take further enforcement action through the court.

Tagging Celestine for you, as I recall her writing on these matters sometime ago

Comment

Thanks so much

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X