• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Capital One/Lowell CC Debt Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capital One/Lowell CC Debt Help

Hello Everyone,

I hope someone could help me please.
    I had a credit card with Capital Once from 2002. I was unable to make payments in 2020 and received a default. Subsequently the debt was sold on to Lowell.
    I made a request for the CA etc, to which I received a list of a few transactions and a single page with my signature.
    I wrote back to them pointing out that the documentation wasn't complete.
    About a week ago I received the attached documents, along with 200 odd pages of transactions.
    From looking at the documentation and from what I've read, the default charges are incorrect. Also there doesn't seem to be any mention of a specific credit limit, just one page giving a range of possible credit limits and interest rates. Does this not matter ? Based one what they've provided does the debt look enforceable ?

I have 2 other credit card debts from around 2014.
    Aquacard sold to Cabot Credit Management
    Halifax sold to PRA Group
    Both these have written back saying they are unenforceable, due to not having all the required documentation.
    Cabot Credit Management have even offered a large discount for settlement. I've done nothing more than request the CA's.

I'm surprised that Cabot Credit Management and PRA Group are having issues coming up the documentation from more recent debts, where Lowell seems to be able with a much older debt.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Tags: None

Received documents.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Anyone?

Could do with a little bit of help please.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X