• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mystery Default

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery Default

Earlier this year I applied for a credit card with Nationwide which was approved in principle. A few days later I had a missed call from them but no message. Shortly after I received a letter advising I'd been declined. When checking my file I could see no defaults or late payments and I'm on the register at the application address.
    When I contacted Check My File they said there was a 'default' showing for a bank account at my previous address, but they couldn't provide further details as it was only reported by Equifax, and they don't have a relationship with them.
    I tried contacting Equifax for a credit report, but they won't provide it as my bank account is registered elsewhere (for the immediate future this can't change).
    What shows on record is one entry for a bank account in July 2010 marked S, the balance shows as £0 and not defaulted. It doesn't show who registered it.
    So, if I never held an account there any idea who registered this and why? How do I get a report from Equifax and how do I get this removed?
    Tags: None

Re: Mystery Default

Are you living in the UK ?

Comment

Hi, Try Call Credits Free online service Noddle it some times has more historical data.

nem

Comment

I tried that Nem, but you need a card registered at your address, which I don't have hence the application. I'm going to send a £2 cheque to Equifax and see if they'll take that.
        ^^ Yes UK based.

Comment

Originally posted by CD36 View Post
          I tried that Nem, but you need a card registered at your address, which I don't have hence the application. I'm going to send a £2 cheque to Equifax and see if they'll take that.
          ^^ Yes UK based.
          Do you have utility bills/council tax bill for your current address? If so send copies of these to Equifax, a photocopy of a driving licence would also be helpful.

nem

Comment

I've completed an application today which I sent to Equifax with a cheque.

Comment

I've completed an application today which I sent to Equifax with a cheque.
              OK will look out for the results.

nem

Comment

I received my files back from Equifax today. There's a Bank Default registered by NCO Europe. All figures are set at 0 and it shows a start date in July 2010 with an end date the following day with an S.
                I've no idea who they are or why they would register a default for £0 against me. Any ideas what I should do now?

Comment

NCO Europe fianancial/credit control/management company based in Preston Lancs.
                  S I believe = " satisfied" zero balance due to the debt being sold on by NCO, and the
                  " new owner" has not as yet chosen to up date the files or chase the debt.

nem

Comment

Thanks nem. I'm confused why they registered a bank default, as I've had the same account for over 15 years without issue.
                    I guess I can do one of the following:
                    Leave it to drop off, but that means I've got another year to wait before I have a clean record.
                    Query it with NCO, but risk compromising myself if they choose to pursue whatever it is again.
                    Also, is it possible if there is a new owner that they could register it again after NCOs record has dropped off?

Comment

Thanks nem. I'm confused why they registered a bank default, as I've had the same account for over 15 years without issue.
                      I guess I can do one of the following:
                      Leave it to drop off, but that means I've got another year to wait before I have a clean record.
                      Query it with NCO, but risk compromising myself if they choose to pursue whatever it is again.
                      Also, is it possible if there is a new owner that they could register it again after NCOs record has dropped off?
                      Hi, Contact all 3 credit reference agencies I suspect this will show on all of them, place a notice of correction/dispute on the files and ask the agency to check on the entry (s) for you.

A complaint to NCO Europe Thomas Ellis (Director) a good place to start,.

NCO's address is I think Ringway Preston but you will find it online.

Credit files should always be up to date and accurate clearly your is not.
                      It could change at any time.

nem

Comment

It's only Equifax that shows the record. I was able to check the other two and they're clear. I'll follow up with NCO.

Comment

It's only Equifax that shows the record. I was able to check the other two and they're clear. I'll follow up with NCO.
                          That makes me think there is a mess up with reporting somewhere.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X