• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ccj and now interim charging order help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ccj and now interim charging order help please

Would it be possible for anyone to give me some direction on which course of action I should be taking first in respect of a CCJ and Charging order on my property issued by Hitatchi Capital via Addlestone Solicitors.
    I will start by briefing you on the situation,
    I purchased a kitchen from B&Q in April 2013 (unsure of the exact date as it is not actually quoted anywhere),I originally payed a deposit of £652.75 and opted to pay the rest on a fixed term loan agreement via Hitachi credit of £5400,

A couple of days later I decided I would finalise the outstanding balance of the kitchen in cash directly to B&Q AND WITHDRAW FROM THE CREDIT AGREEMENT,as I was not happy with the agreement as there were to many inaccuracies on it,
    I returned to the store and the band q assistant cancelled the agreement in front of me by calling Hitatchi credit,and also sending them an email,the outstanding balance was then paid by myself by debit card to B&Q,
    End of scenario, or so I thought, as a few weeks later 1 payment of £100 or so pounds was taken from my account as cancelling the direct debit had been an oversight on my behalf.
    I contacted Hitatchi to state the obvious etc,and they accepted this had been a mistake and advised I manually cancell direct debit.

Roll on now to January 8 2014 ,I received a letter from Addlestone keane solicitors stating they had obtained an interim charging order on my property and that a court date was set for Feb10 were an application for a full charging order will be applied for.
    It also states that a CCJ was issued against me on Dec 6 13 for an amount owing of £5983.31,which I was totally unaware of as i had not been stay at the property as it was having building work done.

I have also had a B132 notice from land registery,informing me that an equitable charge has been placed on the title,

My question is ,
    Do I address the CCJ first or the charging order,
    Your advice in this matter would be greatly received

I have a N 2 44 form that I have filled but now I've been advised I also need the application to set aside must be supported by evidence and best practice is to lodge a pleaded defence which complies with CPR 16

Also the date for the full charging order is feb 10 does this need to be dealt with as a separate matter to getting the CCJ set aside if so what do I need to do
    Help help help please
    Getting majorly confused!!!
    Tags: None

Re: Ccj and now interim charging order help please

Replied to other thread: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-existent-debt

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X