• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with a default please?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with a default please?

Hi everyone.,

I wonder if someone can help me. About 12m ago I began to fall behind with loan payments after having previously lost my job about 6m before that.

Obviously the lenders were on my back pressing for payment (and to be fair they were pretty good most of the time so long as I paid something each month).

Things came to a head when money/available credit ran out and a default was threatened. Just at the same time I came into some money (thank goodness) and was fortunate to be able to pay off not just the arrears in full but also the loan as well which felt really good.

Here's my problem - I note that my Experian credit score does show a default, but it also shows that the debt is 'satisfied' i.e. repaid in full. Can I ask that this default is removed as I actually paid the loan off in full before I received the default letter from the lender and it's obviously affecting my credit score as well.

Any guidance would be much appreciated as I may need to re-mortgage following a divorce and would rather not end up homeless if I can't get a mortgage because of this default.

Thank you....
    Tags: None

Re: Help with a default please?

No the entry stays on file for 6 years england or 5 years scotland, as theywill sayit is a true record. sure others will comment also, if satisfied ashould be to your credit>

Comment

Re: Help with a default please?

How many months did you fail to make the mionimum payment for?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X