• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wrongful Default?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrongful Default?

Hi,

I received a letter from Lowell several months ago stating they had purchased my account and are now the owners of it. I didn't hear anything else from them but during a routine check of my credit file they have entered a default this year.

I initially defaulted on this account in 2006 and it was recorded on my credit file as a default in 2006 and dropped off in 2012.

I had been paying reduced payments on this account from 2006 to 2010 but put the account in dispute when the bank did not respond to my CCA request and I basically haven't heard anything about this account until Lowell's letter.

I contacted the CRA stating that this account has already been defaulted for a 6 year period and should no longer be showing, their reply was that Lowell are investigating and to contact them directly. 10 weeks have now passed and I haven't heard anything from Lowell about this but on checking my credit file today the default is still showing.

I would be grateful for any comments as to what I should do now.

Thank you.
    Tags: None

Re: Wrongful Default?

Write to Lowells directly and instruct (not ask) them to remove the default on the grounds you give. Tell them that if they do not, or refuse, then you will be reporting them to the ICO and taking a complaint to the FOS.

Comment

This may prove interesting reading for you:
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

I meant to say I did send Lowell a letter after the CRA told me to contact them directly but haven't heard anything back & 10 weeks have now passed.

It does say on the link above, part 53 'the purchase should not affect how long the record is kept. It should be removed 6 years after default.' It makes me wonder where they got this 'new' default date from.

Do you think I should complain to the FOS just now or should I send Lowell another letter to see if they reply?

Or is getting them to remove the default through the courts an option at this stage?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X