• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tmobile ate my credit - default on credit file from fraudulent account.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tmobile ate my credit - default on credit file from fraudulent account.

Short version
    A fraudulent account was opened at T-mobile in my name. 6 months later T-mobile have sorted it but not bothered to correct my credit file despite prompting. My car has died so I need a loan, is there any way of escalating it?

Long version
    In February I stopped off at my parents before heading off on holiday to find alot of post. Someone had opened a bunch of phone accounts in my name using my parents address, Orange, Vodafone and Tesco mobile sorted it out promptly. T-mobile were informed at the same time but their fraud department sat on it for 6 months and despite alot of calls to T-Mobiles customer services line (the fraud department can't be reached) my credit file got a late payment on it and T-mobiles DCA BCW bombarded me with threats to visit my house etc. This went on till August when I found the email address for the executive office who fixed the account within 2 days of emailing, called back the debt from the DCA and confirmed the account was raised fraudulently. The one thing the exec office couldn't do was fix my credit file? so they provided an address for me to wright to to get it fixed.

Since I've sent the letter my car has died, and a loan to replace it bounced on the credit check. The only red item on my credit report is the T-mobile account, I don't have any other debts apart from student loan and mortgage.

There is no way of contacting T-mobile's credit office directly.........

All in all I feel completely screwed over by T-mobile for selling the debt and trashing my credit file before they'd even bothered to do an investigation, on an account that if they'd bothered to do any kind of security checks on they would have seen it was fraudulent and not have opened in the first place.

Is there any way of;
    1. Lighting some kind fire under T-mobile so they fix my credit file this side of the apocalypse.
    and
    2. Getting some kind of compensation out of them for the harassment and damage to my credit file.

I'd greatly appreciate any advice.

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Tmobile ate my credit - default on credit file from fraudulent account.

You could try emailing this lady - the Chief Customer Officer, T Mobile's listing on a list of CEO's, so should have some punch:

francoise.clemes@ee.co.uk

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X