• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arrow Global default

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow Global default

I have a default from these guys showing default date 2008.
    I have no idea what they are on about.
    I have no debt with them either this date or the amount involved (A serious amount)

Surely, they can't just put in any old amount from a non existant default.

What should I do?
    Tags: None

Re: Arrow Global default

Are you sure you don't know what it might related to? Arrow have a nasty habit of recording incorrect relatively recent default dates on old debts, so could it be something from further back than 2008?

Have also seen quite a few examples where Arrow mistrace/mismatch you against someone they are after, resulting a debt that has nothing to do with you going on your file. If you are sure it's nothing to do with you then you you can register a dispute via the CRAs, and write to Arrow demanding removal. If the refuse or do nothing then take to the ICO and FOS.

Comment

Hi wakeywakey (& Nibbler, of course! )

Would it be worth a quick peek at your credit file? (to make sure there are no nasty surprises!)

Can be done free via Noddle (but be wary of the £20 uprate)

https://www.noddle.co.uk/
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Unless I got the context completely wrong, I think wakeywakey is referring to a default they have discovered on their credit files? Hopefully they can clarify if not.

Comment

Sorry guys.
          Yes, I am talking about a default on my credit file.
          Never seen the account number they refer to.
          I did have some debts including defaults in the past but not with these and not that amount or reference number.
          Surely this is illegal to simply invent something and ruin my credit file with it?

Comment

Originally posted by wakeywakey View Post
            Sorry guys.
            I did have some debts including defaults in the past but not with these and not that amount or reference number.
            Surely this is illegal to simply invent something and ruin my credit file with it?
            The account number doesn't really matter as they buy debts,looks like it could almost be S.B. .It will fall of your credit file soon could already have fallen of if your in Scotland.

Comment

Hi wakeywakey,

According to some figures I have seen, these guys (GA) have recently purchased debt portfolios with a face value of £804.7m, for just £33.4m.

Many of the 'big players' are using automated technology in order to trace the debtors.

What could possibly go wrong with automated technology?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/02...bt_collection/

:tinysmile_grin_t:
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by wakeywakey View Post
                Sorry guys.
                Arrow are debt purchasers and they are likely to have assigned their own reference number. If they are not chasing you, it may be best just to let sleeping dogs lie, you don't want to awaken them this close to Statute Barred! :nono:

If the default was recorded in 2008, you only have another year before it drops off and disappears into oblivion, so hardly worth the risk of arguing about it, IMHO.

Bear in mind some credit searches may be just for the last 3 years anyway, unless you are looking for a mortgage. :thumb:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X