• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ICO Timelines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICO Timelines

Hi all,

has anyone else dealt with the ICO in recent months?

What sort of timelines are they operating to action complaints?

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: ICO Timelines

Originally posted by ncf355 View Post
    Hi all,

has anyone else dealt with the ICO in recent months?

What sort of timelines are they operating to action complaints?

Thanks
    I have and, sadly, it seems to take ages for them to pull their finger out and do anything! I have a couple of ongoing complaints since Jan/Feb, still unresolved. :rant:

Comment

ICO are slow, but then again, their workload is massive.

Disturbed by how effective the legistation related to Freedom of Information and Data Protection turned out to be (and that after an alarmed Blair cut it in half), the government has sought to curb ICO's effectiveness by slashing their budget.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
        I have and, sadly, it seems to take ages for them to pull their finger out and do anything! I have a couple of ongoing complaints since Jan/Feb, still unresolved. :rant:
        Hmm

How long did it take for first response (beyond the initial auuto reply of course) FP?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ncf355 View Post
          Hmm

How long did it take for first response (beyond the initial auuto reply of course) FP?

Thanks
          Their FIRST response came surprisingly quickly, just 2 or 3 weeks after writing to them. But after that it's been a few emails here and there, with little real progress being made.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
            Their FIRST response came surprisingly quickly, just 2 or 3 weeks after writing to them. But after that it's been a few emails here and there, with little real progress being made.
            Hmm,

Might be better to start up some legal action under the DPA if that's the case

Though it's questionable which would be quicker!

Comment

If it helps, I filed a complaint with the ICO in October 2011 and they concluded in August 2012 (in my favour thankfully).

But a separate complaint was concluded much quicker, in about 2 months.

It seems like the time required is dependant on the way in which the data controller assists in the investigation. In the first complaint the creditor was an awkward sod but in the second it was far more helpful.

In my view it's well worth waiting for a favourable outcome as an indictment by the ICO cannot but help a claim under the DPA, even if the indictment is only along the lines of "The ICO feels that Bank X was likely to have been in contravention of the DPA...".

HTH

Comment

Cheers LA

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X