• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Llyods default removal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Llyods default removal

Just to make that last post clear I didn't recieve any statements but when I did the SAR to Lloyds they produced statements and from 2005 till late 2010 the only activity on the account was them adding monthly interest and renewing the overdraft.

Comment

Once again guys cheers for your time and if anybody does know a contact name or address for Lloyds where this is best directed please let me know.

Comment

Perhaps I should have read your initial post more carefully.
        You can only use these argument if your account has been breached and subsequently defaulted, there is no cause of action otherwise.
        It now sounds like this has been an active account, so they are perfectly justified in defaulting you,provided of course that they have sent a demand for payment and this has been ignored.
        The only recourse you could have had would be if they had not sent annual statements, in this case they would not have been able to add interest to the account under the new 2006 regulations, but it seems they have sent them only to your our old address, so I do not think you would be able to use that argument.
        Sorry.
        Last edited by gravytrain; 28th January 2013, 14:12:PM. Reason: puctuation

Comment

It doesn't sound right though... the bank writing to the wrong address for 7 years, outstanding charges they hadn't defaulted much sooner... suggest the OP go thru the SAR with a finecomb to see if all letters were sent to correct old address.

And what of the fairness of a Default? This may be soemthing that the FOS can look at?

Comment

So you think I have no challenge on this then? Really am confused, I mean yeah I'm not saying I haven't made a mistake cos when I changed banks got my mortgage etc i had an overdraft with Lloyds that wasn't settled completely forgot about it and now it's coming back to haunt me. Just seems slightly unfair as I had no chance to put this right. Seems the dca's found me quick enough pity Lloyds didn't make that effort then this wouldn't be at this stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Simplythebest View Post
              Seems the dca's found me quick enough pity Lloyds didn't make that effort then this wouldn't be at this stage.
              Absolutely.

Comment

Plus in 2005 they sent a new debit card to my old address only for it to be returned with no longer at this address but still they did nothing, that was posted in the SAR.

Comment

Right, well, i think the starting point for you is to make a formal complaint to Lloyds. If and when they eventaully send their Final response yuo should go to the Fianncial Ombudsman Service who will look at Defaults if they regarded as UNFAIR (as opposed to technically incorrect).

And I personally regard it as unfair they default you after nearly 8 YEARS of inactivity!!!

Comment

So you think I have no challenge on this then? Really am confused, I mean yeah I'm not saying I haven't made a mistake cos when I changed banks got my mortgage etc i had an overdraft with Lloyds that wasn't settled completely forgot about it and now it's coming back to haunt me. Just seems slightly unfair as I had no chance to put this right. Seems the dca's found me quick enough pity Lloyds didn't make that effort then this wouldn't be at this stage.
                    Well you can argue the case using all these points, but the facts as far as the legislation goes are as stated.

There may be be matters of unfairness that you could raise,I should contact them and see what they say. Fact is that these things are seldom personal, they will not know you from Adam, you are just an account number.
                    You may find that they behave perfectly reasonably, if not we can think again
                    Last edited by gravytrain; 28th January 2013, 16:22:PM.

Comment

Right my complaint to Lloyds is in and iv pretty much based it on the time it took to default, fingers crossed will keep you guys posted

Comment

Well guys great news Lloyds have agreed to remove the default as long as I settle the account, they have refunded all interest from 2005 and that leaves a balance of £120 which they say I must pay. Great result don't think I could of got better. Still could do without shelling out £120 but ont want to rock the boat too much probs best just to pay and get it over. Thanks for all the help

Comment

Do you have this agreement in writing? Don't pay anything until you do.

Comment

Got letter today stating they they are removing default from credit file, haven't checked this yet as pretty much just got the letter.

Comment

Got letter today stating they they are removing default from credit file, haven't checked this yet as pretty much just got the letter.
                              Hello sorry I am thread hopping I am in the exact same situation with tmobile and I am getting Ignored.

Wondering what your letter was like to Lloyds ?

Many thanks a s well done

Comment

Hi, glad to hear you got Lloyd's to remove this from your file! I was just wondering who you directed your complaint to, as I'm in a similar situation (though in England, not Scotland).

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X