• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Default on my credit file but no notice received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default on my credit file but no notice received

Can Someone please help!!

I have justo noticed this morning on my credit file that a default notice has been attached by Santander. The background is useful here.

background

I took out a loan in 2006 and made regular payments up till sep 2009. Then applied (by telephone) for another loan to top up existing and wwas granted the loan and forms put in the post. I awaited forms etc but none received then telephoned them to find that they have sent pack of forms to my old address. The assistant told me to go back to old house and get the forms and sign and post back. I couldnt do this as old house is 200 miles away. I then asked them to post to my new address a new set of forms. Then she asked for new address and then had to reenter detail on system and reapply. I was denied the loan at this stage, reason was because of the change in address. I was told to ring underwriters for an explanation. I rang them and they said because I had just moved house and therefore new address and had another loan with them they could not lend me more money.

This was a huge blow as Id just gone through a bad divorce where i was main wage earner etc. I failed to my payments on the old loan from the on, i was also suffering from depression etc and all that comes with a nasty divorce etc.

I did not receive any demand letters or any pre- DN letter or the DN letter itself. No termination letter received. Then all of a suddn i received a letter from CAPQUEST DEBT COLLECTORS. i telephoned them immediately and made arrangement and agreed to pay the same monthly amount that id been paying to santander before i had problems.. End of July 2012 I paid my last instalment.

Then I claimed my PPI and was recently awarded my money with interest!! However, this morning I checked my credit file and santander has decided to slash me with a default, and notes say I did not tell them of house move.

I think this is not accurate and is unfair as i told them when i made the second loan application which was denied for that reason.
    I was not given a chance to remedy the situation ie. no pre-DN letters received and DN
    I arranged with CAPQUEST to pay and specifically asked them that if i agreed to match the amount that was in my proginal loan agreement they wld not issue default and they assured me it wld not happen. But how surprising now.
    Also, why are they attaching DN now when debt has been settled. why was it not done imemdiately after they realised I had defaulted??

How can I go about this as I am in a state.

I am single a single parent, suffered domestic violence and a bad divorce, and suffered depression during that time however, i still kept going and did the ebst i could to pay my debts. Now Im fully recovered financially (thanks to Santander and Lloyds bank PPI repayments totalling £21 000 ) and would like to get a mortgage and now I cnt because of this default.

Someone please HELP!!!!

Tags: None

Re: Default on my credit file but no notice received

I have just received a credit file i applied for and i have 3 defaults on it,from over 6 years ago, i have asked this question in an ealier post but no replies as yet,
    I believe if they are over 6 years old they are statute barred,and as far as i know you can request defaults be removed from your file
    I hope you get some answers, i am hoping to as well, sorry if this doesnt help you, hopefully someone will ber along to help you

Comment

Re: Default on my credit file but no notice received

Thanks for ur help

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X